• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Crappy Snow Test: Stockli Laser AX, Blizzard 2018 Brahma, Fischer Pro MTN 86, CURV DTX

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Really grateful for this old review! I picked up some new 2019's for 40% off at a ski resort in Quebec that was clearing everything out. Very lucky because I live in NW BC. These skis are major league! They are precisely as described in this beautiful review above. I mounted Look Pivot 14's. Ideal combination because the Pivot interface allows you to truly feel this ski bend. I currently have 5mm half soles beneath my boot liners. Allows for nice forward pressure. Mounted on the recommended line mostly because I am Mondo 30.5 so no need to come forward. The balance is fantastic and looking forward to testing in the moguls and cut-up snow. On hard single black groomers you have to watch your speed when you carve due to the phenomenal acceleration-but as Scott said the ski can be backed off with remedial moves. An additional caveat is I feel my knees are really protected by these skis in a way my Nordica Enforcer's do not-obviously due to the build quality and narrow width. I almost pulled the trigger on Brahma's a couple years in a row and so glad I didn't! These skis are exceptional and if you haven't been on skinny skis for a long time; don't worry, you will adapt in one to two trips to your local mountain. The perfect complement to your powder ski.

-Salutations Pugsters-

So what 2019 ski of those reviewed did you pick up?

Sponsor

Staff online