• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Cranmore Demo Day

Clemson

Putting on skis
Skier
This Sunday, the 19th of January is Sport Thoma Demo Day with free demos in Schneider Square with lift ticket . I have actually never skied there, usually going to Attitash , Wildcat, or Bretton Woods if I am in that area, so I bought my ticket and looking forward to a new mountain and checking out some skis.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
What did you end up demoing, and whats on your wish list? Demo days can be so tempting & I love feedback from east vs west

TS
Clemson

Clemson

Putting on skis
Skier
LOL, I did not even get to the demo area, as the mountain was packed, over sold in my opinion. I ended up leaving at 12:30. Having never been to Cranmore I took Easy Street for my first run to check my gear and warm up, which was a huge mistake as it was as packed, and as narrow, as a NYC sidewalk. I figured since there where so many little kids and novice skiers my next run would be fine if I stayed off the greens, no such luck, even the diamonds where packed with herds of snow plows, people stopping in the middle of the trail, even a couple on their cell phones. It was a mad house, kids crying, running over ski, and their parents yelling from the balcony to tell give direction to find their skis. I could go on , but I'm sure you get the point. The only fun place on the mountain was East Slope(roped off), which is a steep field off the back of the mountain. There was no base, just about 16 inches of fluffy snow, which put a couple nicks in my skis but the highlight of my short day, unfortunately it brings you to easy street. Lesson learned, should have just gone to the Cat.