• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
A really bizarre take on the Hendrix classic. Not sure I'll call this one "better than the original", but it was an interesting listen.
The Hendrix version is actually a cover of Dylan :ogcool:

I like this cover…

Dave played acoustic on the Hendrix version

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
This is an interesting cover. See if you can pick up the tune in the background around at 2:15 into the video.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
^The One Republic version. I'm not a fan of their music and would've hit next tuned to another channel in under 20sec but the backstory at the start drew me in and kept me there, Not to say I'll willingly listen to the song again. I do like the positive message it conveys. My attention span is too short to have gotten it from the cover version which I would've tunned out by 5sec had I not been listening to answer your question.

This is a great thread, the simple title question says it all. I especially like that the material encompasses mixes up and crosses musical genres styles and eras.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Slow Down as done be Sena Ehrhardt. Originally by Larry Williams, most well known done by the Beatles

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid