• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
A bunch of famous guitarists play Game of Thrones... neat combination of metal, rock, and country ("I'm impressed with Brad Paisley!" is something I never thought I'd think) The actual "cover" starts around 2 minutes...

Brad Paisley is legit!

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The original, Evanescence - "Bring Me To Life"
I *really* like the rock opera/hard rock feel of the original.

The cover, “Bring Me to Life” (Evanescence) Big Band Swing Cover by Robyn Adele Anderson
Was *really* surprised that a "big band" cover could do so well.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not really a cover, but fun.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
A bunch of famous guitarists play Game of Thrones... neat combination of metal, rock, and country ("I'm impressed with Brad Paisley!" is something I never thought I'd think) The actual "cover" starts around 2 minutes...

That was cool. Most everyone was living in "the box" for their solos, but at least Morello pulled off some of his signature weird noises. BP's tone was fantastic even on this youtube recording; he has always had impeccable taste in amplification.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
And now for something different, I present Pomplamoose. A band with a huge youtube following and known for their covers and mashups. I'm a Daft Punk fan and that's how I found them, but their creativity and musicianship is what really stands out.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^Dirty Loops crushes recent covers too..

ProLeisure

We are all snow leopards.
Skier
These aren't better than the originals, but they’re fun covers.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I've been recently getting my jam on to these guys

How about this for a cover of the greatest and saddest love song ever written that totally changes the vibe

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Not sure if this one has been shared here but if it has it is worth another listen.

For me I think the cover may actually be better than the original. I can't stop listening to it...

Sponsor

Staff online