• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cover Me: Best cover songs, some better than the original?

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Not your usual cover of Johnny B Goode

That was fun and interesting, I detected a slight accent in the singers voice. It sounds like an Eastern European but not sure, any info on the group?

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That was fun and interesting, I detected a slight accent in the singers voice. It sounds like an Eastern European but not sure, any info on the group?

On YouTube, the title of the group is "Dmitry Rotkin Acoustic Rush". Dmitry sounds Russian to me. A quick search says he's Ukrainian. The "About" tab on their YouTube channel lists the other members james.

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Good stuff up there^^^. I like this version of Warren Zevons "Poor Poor Pitiful Me" that Jackson Browne does. Skip to .27 seconds for the music if Brownes into bores you. Guitarist Waddi Wachtel also played with Linda Rondstat when she covered this.

snwbrdr

Out on the slopes
Skier
From Kiss' "Kiss my Ass" album... a very controversial cover that Gene Simmons likes...

Toad the Wet Sprocket doing Rock and Roll All Nite

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm a heart fan. Don't usually find anyone doing a cover, much less doing one so well. This duo is growing on me even more.

Here's the original for reference

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online