• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Costco and Sam's Club, how I love thee....

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
The Chicago-style pizza in California is not good (except here in Sacramento area Chicago Fire is pretty decent). I love Chicago pizza. Maybe you have to live there to appreciate it.

Perhaps but i'm just not a fan of deep dish thick pizza like that. I'm more of a new york style pizza gal, thinner and you can eat more. One slice of chicago style and I'm full for days.

Last edited:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
One of my favorite pizzas (I make it at home) is thin crust, strained tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and arugula, with a fried egg on top.
As for Costco: I've had memberships, but it's in the next town over, and I don't need that much stuff. The memberships have always been a waste for me.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
My food is safe!!!!! I don't eat beef or pork so yours is too!!!!!

Turkey Bacon, talk about an epic fail.
90% of Americans claim to love bacon. The other 10% are just liars!
LOL, we just had uncured turkey bacon, tomato and avocado lettuce wraps the other night for dinner. I do like pork bacon, I just don't eat it.

The cauliflower is made into the flour that they make pizza crust.
Does not compute.
Yeah..still not getting it.
I have a cauliflower crust pizza from Trader Joes in the freezer right now, lol. A great thin crust brick oven pizza, or one we make at home with my killer homemade sauce is preferred, but cauliflower crust pizza is pretty good. Not like mayonnaise and mustard which are disgusting.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
As for Costco: I've had memberships, but it's in the next town over, and I don't need that much stuff. The memberships have always been a waste for me.
Then you aren't doing it right. ;) Costco isn't so much about quantity but also quality and value. Their meats are fantastic quality and yes if you have a freezer, it can be utilized. We drink Peet's coffee, the 2lb bag is $14.50, a 12 oz. bag at the Railey's is $11.00. Bourbon, Buillet is $30 for a 1.75L is $33 (as low as $23 on sale) and in local stores is $45-63. Gas is 20 cents a gallon less than the local stations.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Its true we just buy bigger containers of things we use. Hummus, bags of carrots, blueberries in winter, cereal. We use it like our regular weekly grocery store. Some things we only get once in a while but lots of things we buy every couple weeks. Plus it's the cheapest place to get benadryl, allegra, pepcid ac and alleve. Way cheaper than target, cvs or any grocery store.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've just never gotten in the habit of buying a bunch of stuff at once. I go to the grocery store at least three times a week. That's how I was raised. My parents both grew up in a place with corner markets, where people shopped almost every day. Also, when I lived in the city and didn't have a car, I stopped at the store frequently to pick up dinner fixings on my way home from work. Then later, when I was a single parent, I never had extra cash to buy so much at once. I do really love it when I don't have to go to the store, so I should try to change my habits. I just signed up for a produce delivery service. That should help. Maybe supplement with Costco for meats and coffee. And fill-up my tank while I'm there.

Big J

Getting off the lift
Skier
My wife and I are big fans of Costco. When we take trips and rent a condo our first trip is always to Coscto. Good for groceries and great deals on craft beer and imports. The Kirkland Tawny Port is 5 stars. I probably have most Aloha shirts that were in the stores. Their winter gear is usually very good and well priced. It is just my wife and I so we do not go overboard but really like many things there. We go there maybe every month and a half and rarely get out of there for under $300.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My food is safe!!!!! I don't eat beef or pork so yours is too!!!!!

LOL, we just had uncured turkey bacon, tomato and avocado lettuce wraps the other night for dinner. I do like pork bacon, I just don't eat it.
Of course bacon is tastier, but the turkey bacon I get from the farmers market ain't half bad! Sliced and packaged, no way!

Lucali’s or Giuseppina’s in Manhattan.

:micdrop:
Lombardi's.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
All the praise for Chicago deep dish pizza I just don't get it. Eat that much dough and they will have to turn your DIN setting up a couple of notches. Eat the thin crust pizza and you can leave your DIN setting alone or the Cauliflower crust and you could have to turn the DIN setting down.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
All the praise for Chicago deep dish pizza I just don't get it. Eat that much dough and they will have to turn your DIN setting up a couple of notches. Eat the thin crust pizza and you can leave your DIN setting alone or the Cauliflower crust and you could have to turn the DIN setting down.
So..Caulifower crust is the Z10 binding of pizza? :roflmao::roflmao:

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We spend so much money at Costco that our rebate check is like a lotto winning several times a year. We cashed one this past weekend for just under $2800. About once a year my wife will say “If we’d get rid of fios we could save $1000 every year”. I always reply with the same response “if you want to save $1000, stay out of Costco this week”.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There's good thin crust pizza in Chicago.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’m also convinced that the most profitable food establishment in my town is the Costco food court.

Sponsor