• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cost based on attitude - Good idea?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I have an on going discussion with the staff at our local Tim Hortons. They know I take my coffee black, but always say "anything in your coffee?" My answer always is "just coffee, unless you got Bailey's?" Couple of the long time employees laugh and say...."I wish!!"

But I would have to agree with Tricia that the stores have created this. But still manners are taught to many us when we were young. No need to forget them.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I have no problem with absolute efficiency, this is a business transaction that requires no social pleasantries. All I have to say is "one large coffee with creamer" and no other conversation is required. I don't need a friend and neither does the barrister.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Not to make this political, but I think/feel that locally, people seem to be more courteous of late in day to day interactions as the national political tone grows more violent, but then again, our city is more on the 'useless' and ' not even people' side of things. I'll wire back and let everyone know if folks start making trips to Cabela's for bulk ammo... might be an indication of the potential for less polite expression of opinion and public interaction.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Not to make this political, but I think/feel that locally, people seem to be more courteous of late in day to day interactions as the national political tone grows more violent, but then again, our city is more on the 'useless' and ' not even people' side of things. I'll wire back and let everyone know if folks start making trips to Cabela's for bulk ammo... might be an indication of the potential for less polite expression of opinion and public interaction.

My parents just got back from NYC, and were really surprised at the level of friendliness. This is hardly their first time there, even 2 years ago they visited, but they noted that there was just a new ... courtesy is a good word, yes.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
My parents just got back from NYC, and were really surprised at the level of friendliness. This is hardly their first time there, even 2 years ago they visited, but they noted that there was just a new ... courtesy is a good word, yes.

I remember my first visit to NYC in 1983. We went to a camera shop to buy some film. The clerk asked if we wanted a bag. We said yes. He tossed the bag on the counter. ogsmile

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I believe it's about respect and common courtesy, not about making friends. A little moment to acknowledge the other person won't hurt anyone, is humanizing, and is respectful.

It's considered a bit rude in these parts not to throw out a quick greeting.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I believe it's about respect and common courtesy, not about making friends. A little moment to acknowledge the other person won't hurt anyone, is humanizing, and is respectful.

It's considered a bit rude in these parts not to throw out a quick greeting.
This!:golfclap:

I remember when I moved to Tahoe, one of the guys at Start Haus was picking on me one day because I had a hard time getting on the Funitel at Squaw, "Oh, that's right. You come from the place where they say 'After you.' You'll never get on the Funi with that attitude."

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

They probably ran into other out of town tourist.

Sponsor

Staff online