• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Stay with a drill roto-brush.
Don't really like the 1/4" hex drill chucks. Have quite a few. Almost never used them.

Max RPM for roto-brushes iis 800 for brass & steel, 2,300 for horse hair & nylon.

I travel with a 18v Makita drill driver combo kit. The two ranges on the drill work pretty well, 800 & 1,900.
When I have a few pairs to do, I usually use a Bosch 3/8" corded drill. The specs are not that different from the 18v cordless drill but in real life it works mush faster. The trigger lock button also takes a huge load off the hand.

Porter Cable sells one with a trigger lock for $40. Similar to the Dewalt drill. More than adequate for the job.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
My rotobrush drill is a Harbor Freight corded. Was less than $20 with a coupon. Thanks @ScotsSkier for the tip!

For other tasks Dewalt 20V brushless has been awesome. People debate "yellow vs red" endlessly, but both are more than adequate for any non-professional use.

What I want now is a Dewalt cordless compressor, which looks awesome.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
My rotobrush drill is a Harbor Freight corded. Was less than $20 with a coupon. Thanks @ScotsSkier for the tip!

For other tasks Dewalt 20V brushless has been awesome. People debate "yellow vs red" endlessly, but both are more than adequate for any non-professional use.

What I want now is a Dewalt cordless compressor, which looks awesome.

I have the Harbor Freight corded as well. Works great & cheap!

DutchSki

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Ok, going with a Makita drill, able to get a good deal and have tons of Makita batteries....and I guess always handy to have a drill in the car.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January