• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Corbeaux Chinook Hoody

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
upload_2019-1-4_20-26-40.jpeg

Corbeaux image

I’ve been wearing the hell out of the Corbeaux Chinook Hoody for a few months now. I find the hoody a phenomenal layer for skiing and all-around wear. It breathes and wicks incredibly well. The next-to-skin feel is excellent and the slightly loose cut drapes nicely allowing unrestricted movement. On a couple of frigid mornings I’ve worn a light weight base layer under the Chinook, a perk of the generous cut. The comfort level of the garment far surpasses any other piece I use. The hoodie stretches, is durable and doesn’t pill — all qualities I appreciate. The thumb-hole sleeves are long enough that I don’t feel pulling when used (I have 37” arms and most thumb-hole sleeves are useless to me). The designers even have a hole for a watch/gps/altimeter that I find handy. One quibble I have is with the hood; it’s huge and doesn’t fit my head as snuggly as I’d prefer. Maybe having hair would help?

Aspen-based Corbeaux has an all-season winner in the Chinook Hoody, a product that is well worth the $139.99 website price.

James

Out There
Instructor
Dude, do you use the hood? That's a scary thought.

TS
Drahtguy Kevin

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Dude, do you use the hood? That's a scary thought.

Only when it’s real cold, like cold enough that you’d take the goggles off your helmet and wear them. I wore a skull cap beanie thingy under the hood. A hood is nice the keeping drafts of the neck.

James

Out There
Instructor
Only when it’s real cold, like cold enough that you’d take the goggles off your helmet and wear them. I wore a skull cap beanie thingy under the hood. A hood is nice the keeping drafts of the neck.
So you can get rid of the beanie, and compensate for freezing helmets! Nice.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Marshal

Booting up
Industry Insider
The Dude doesn't have your Kennedy like head of hair.

Does he have any hair???

WARNING: I work for Corbeaux
But thought it would be worth mentioning that I run pretty hot (read- don't use the hood), but still really like the hoody style, as it comes up a bit around my neck vs. a standard crew/henly style top -- all of which Corbeaux also make.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
What is it made from? I could look it up, I guess, but... it's a product review.

(or just leave a link to make it easy?)

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Needs a pithy saying or a team logo or booze name...jus sayin

Marshal

Booting up
Industry Insider
What is it made from? I could look it up, I guess, but... it's a product review.

(or just leave a link to make it easy?)

Hi Mike:

100% post-consumer recycled synthetic materials
Made in Saint Paul, Minnesota
50% UPF Sun Protection
Bluesign approved

The Tempo Collection
https://corbeauxclothing.com/collections/tempo

This series is quick-drying, fast wicking, and incredibly breathable. The impressive warmth-to-weight ratio adds flexibility and versatility to high output endeavors when cold or just hanging around the campfire in the summer.

• Peached Recycled Polyester (84% Recycled Polyester, 16% Spandex)
  • Recycled Polyester keeps PET bottles out of landfills
  • Woven with Energy Saving Yarn
Spandex gives the advantages of 1) added durability 2) added warmth 3) 4-way stretch 4) helps clothing retain its shape

Sponsor

Staff online