• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love to hear a summary of the update meeting if anyone makes it. I was really hoping to hear Dustin talk, but fighting Friday evening traffic wasn't in the cards last night.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Helicopter was out yesterday carrying snow fences and other supplies for the patrol shack up on Tucker.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
D5536885-A97F-479F-A744-AC3AC92F6E16.jpeg
What I've heard is they want to figure out lift-served Tucker before expanding the snowcat operation. They've hired a bunch of patrollers, but they'll have to see the call volume and how thing goes on Tucker. There's a concern that there's no hike filtering folks and no easy way down, not even a single diamond black run, just double blacks.

The current thought is to eventually expand the snowcat operation onto the backside of Tucker Mountain where they can patrol it from the Tucker Outpost, as they would need an additional patrol outpost to serve Jacques. Hopefully Jaques will come sooner rather than later.]

If the open that backside of Tucker, it would make a great addition, otherwise I would have rather kept the Snowcat on Tucker.

Glad we made it there at least once before it’s demise. My first real ski trip was 8 years ago at Copper, so didn’t ski there then. Last season we were back there with skills, conditions and timing lining up to be able to hit the cat:

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
the loading platform for Flyer is almost finished being rebuilt for lack of a better term. The card readers have a more permanent installation and have been realigned. There was a large area in front of Jill's that was paved. Most of that dirt area between Eagle and Flyer is now gone. All sod down by Jack's and asphalt in front of Jill's.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@coskigirl I rode Flyer a few times this afternoon. I have to say the ride was smooth and not bouncy at all. Lift never stopped my 3 times up which was great but didn't get to see what happens if it does stop. Tucker is running and is about 95% ready to go.

Great to hear! Doubt I’ll make it up until the second weekend of December as finals are going to bury me until then. At least I can hit Eldora for a couple hours here and there until then.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
And so far the new flyer with 2 new towers and an "improved" loading platform sucks almost as bad as the last year version. I rode it about 10 times on Sat/Sun and I'm pretty sure it didn't stop less than 5 or 6 times on every ride up.

DCagle

Putting on skis
Skier
And so far the new flyer with 2 new towers and an "improved" loading platform sucks almost as bad as the last year version. I rode it about 10 times on Sat/Sun and I'm pretty sure it didn't stop less than 5 or 6 times on every ride up.

I experienced the same on Saturday. At least it wasn't sliding backwards and dropping like last season.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh no, that’s to bad to hear. Hopefully they can work out some kinks as they go.

waterfanatic

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Here's a guess:

2 foot x 2 foot boxes = 8 cubic feet.
8 cubic feet of = 500 lbs (source)

How much do they assume is the max average weight per person? 250lbs? 300lbs?

One box should cover two people, as the boxes might be a bit bigger than 2x2.

So, my vote is three boxes on the six-seat chairs and four boxes in the cabins. We'll see soon enough!

to make it more precise you can also use this calculator, it's about density of water:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I just don't get chondolas. Not that I'm against them, it just seems...weird. Glad to see the increased capacity out of Center Village, as sometimes it's difficult to avoid going there to get from one place to another, and lines can get annoying. It will make WROD season 35% more terrifying, though.

They make sense on very cold days. Good to have the option

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Timely bump. Copper submitted a proposal to replace the old slow Lumberjack lift with an HSQ:

The lift upgrade plus new beginner trails will be a fantastic improvement to an already great beginner area. Good times on the old lift, but time for a new one!

IMG_20190217_141904 (1).jpg

Sponsor