• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Halfpipe ski comp from earlier this week at Copper is on NBC right now, at least in Mountain TZ.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I was utterly shocked that they have had east to west cut off for 6 full days and they don't at least have the rope up if not spliced. No chance they have lift running by next weekend. Hopefully by Xmas.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There was an Eagle grand opening ceremony yesterday morning. An email late Friday afternoon implied the terrain under the Flyer could be open this week. It also says the Flyer still has a ways to go:

Copper-American-Eagle-Grand-Opening.jpg

Did anyone hear Dustin's few words?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
On the half-pipe events on NBC this weekend, they are showing an ad for Copper touting their 2 new lifts. I guess it doesn't really affect most folks that the ad is targeted at, who most likely will be going later in the season. Just thought it was kind of funny to see.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got stuck on Eagle today during a 5 minute maintenance stop. I knew what was happening because I was with 2 patrollers. They shared with me that they think Copper Bowl will be ready by next weekend so long as they can get Lillie G open or access under Flyer and that they are hoping to have Tucker open by Christmas.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Flyer by Christmas from FB this morning. Stay tuned for video.

_54__Copper_Mountain_-_Home.jpg
In the meantime, who's gonna figure out how to get first chair when S reopens? :drool:

I'm out of the hunt for a bit, so of course, I had a dream last night about the back door opening while the front door was still closed. I tracked it up pretty much by myself! :D

DCagle

Putting on skis
Skier
In the meantime, who's gonna figure out how to get first chair when S reopens? :drool:

I was thinking the same yesterday as I was viewing Union Peak from the T-Bar. It was skiing so nice when I was there Thanksgiving weekend.

On a different note, I rode the new Eagle gondola a couple of times and experienced zero drama with loading/unloading and placing my skis in the holders. It was a pleasant, warm retreat on an otherwise frigid day.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was thinking the same yesterday as I was viewing Union Peak from the T-Bar. It was skiing so nice when I was there Thanksgiving weekend.

On a different note, I rode the new Eagle gondola a couple of times and experienced zero drama with loading/unloading and placing my skis in the holders. It was a pleasant, warm retreat on an otherwise frigid day.

I rode it a few times over the last couple of days without issue except when someone just stopped when they stepped into the gondola leaving me waiting but I just said something to the guy about keeping moving and it was resolved. No issue with skis loading but I didn't have twin tips or particularly wide skis with me.

Nice to see it is finally official. Not like it hasn't been mentioned on here or in the local Denver media

What I am surprised about is no mention of Copper being voted the #5 best ski resort by USA Today.

That post is just a response to other comments so no surprise that it doesn't contain more info or address other things like the USA Today ranking.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Flyer by Christmas from FB this morning. Stay tuned for video.

View attachment 60429

I'm out of the hunt for a bit, so of course, I had a dream last night about the back door opening while the front door was still closed. I tracked it up pretty much by myself! :D
Patrol said yesterday that they expected to have Copper bowl open by next weekend via Lillie G traverse then you would be able to get to S without going under Flyer.

Edit I see Robyn beat me to it

Andrew Pitts

Booting up
Skier
An update from the Copper social media channels, sounds like they hope to have it open by Christmas, but definitely didn't go over the top on optimism about that.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody hear how the Winter Park gondola is coming along?

I wonder where LP has more incentive to finish up? More pickups parked?

And, really, they could do much better than "The Gondola" for the name!

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody hear how the Winter Park gondola is coming along?

I wonder where LP has more incentive to finish up? More pickups parked?

And, really, they could do much better than "The Gondola" for the name!

I went looking for updates yesterday as I was wondering whether they were receiving the same sort of criticism that Copper is but couldn't find any updates. That being said, everything I saw said mid-December for opening so maybe the screamers just haven't gotten worked up yet.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Unless I'm reading the report wrong, it looks like the only way to S is through Enchanted? Dream come true for somebody I hope!

Sponsor

Staff online