• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Copper Mountain 8-11 Feb

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
Michel & I left the Aspen Gathering and checked into Copper for four nights on Mon 8 Feb.

Easy drive and room not ready upon our arrival so I decided to take Michel up to Abasin just to look around from the base area as well as pick up groceries(mostly beer) in Frisco before heading back to Copper.

Michel at Abasin

IMG_5814.JPG

IMG_5817.JPG

IMG_5825.JPG

Back at Copper

IMG_5828.JPG

Actual skiing day one coming up.

TS
jgiddyup

jgiddyup

Skier
Great snow on Tue 9 Feb. I was lucky to hook up with an old online friend whom some of you may know(Glen AKA Mr Vertical) who's a Copper pass holder and his buddy Bill.

Bill was kind enough to volunteer to hang with Michel in the morning over on Timberline Express while Glen and I went into Copper Bowl. I must mention that the snow was excellent everywhere we went all day. We skied Rosi's around 1:30PM and while it looked mostly scraped off it was nicely edgeable all the way down with no washouts and I'm not a great skier by any stretch. Same goes for the fairly high speed non stop cruise we did from top of Superbee to bottom of Eagle to finish the day.

I haven't been to Copper in about 8yrs (never for Michel) and while I liked it just fine previously it seems better than I remember.

A few not great pics from the day but it was lots of fun.

Glen near bottom of Copper Bowl skiers right of Mountain Chief lift

IMG_5832.JPG

Nice view from the bowl

IMG_5834.JPG

Bill & Michel Trex Grill bottom of Timberline Express taking a quick break

IMG_5836.JPG

Michel & Glen after Copper Station Lunch

IMG_5845.JPG

après at Incline Bar

IMG_5848.JPG

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Looks like some yummy truffle parm potato chips and the fabulous calamari...yum

TS
jgiddyup

jgiddyup

Skier
ion for lunch again Skied yesterday with an old friend Bruce who was on epic moons ago under the handle Bong as well as DanoT who is using his Max Pass and visiting Copper for the first time.

We were meeting Michel at Jack's at 10:15 so were able to bomb Superbee (Andy's/Oh no to Rosi's) 3 times before heading to meet Michel. Picked up Michel and took her to the top of Rendezvous for her to check out the view. Cruised over to Copper Station for lunch again and Bong departed from there. Dano and I spent the afternoon just doing fast cruising on anything that looked good.

I will say there's a bunch of empty store fronts in the village and hope management can find a way to help businesses succeed.

après ski Michel and I had a beer and listened to Lefty Lucy play at Jack's which led to a cool video I'll post below.

Just a couple pics

Bruce(Bong), Michel & Dano in the morning

IMG_5857.JPG

Michel & I at top of Rendezvous

IMG_5859.JPG

Michel in the really big chair

IMG_5863.JPG

And now the video taken during the Lefty Lucy performance at Jack's. They were all from Philly and maybe they hadn't heard that it's already legal in CO:)

Last edited:
Reactions: nay

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Top of Rendezvous is one of my favorite views in Colorado!

TS
jgiddyup

jgiddyup

Skier
Today was mostly groomer zooming with a couple side adventures into Copper Bowl and Hallelujah. Snow in Copper Bowl (south facing where the chairs are) late morning was refrozen chunky stuff but not dangerous or anything. Snow everywhere else including Hallelujah was good.

Skied with DanoT again and we were able to cover quite a bit of terrain prior to meeting Michel at 10:30. DanoT has also been impressed with the mountain and I'm confident in saying he'll be back when in the vicinity.

Spent the late afternoon hot tubbing and early evening having a wonderful dinner at CB Grille which I would recommend based on service/food quality on this evening at least.

Michel skiing today (don't remember the run)

DanoT bottom of Copper Bowl

IMG_5866.JPG

Michel on American Flyer

IMG_5869.JPG

Bottom of Hallelujah

IMG_5871.JPG

Hot tubbing with slight slope view in the background

IMG_5892.JPG

Great dinner at CB Grille

IMG_3479.jpg

Well done Copper and we'll be back:thumb:

SkiNurse