• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Since we are starting to segue into the off season I'm interested in what continuing education courses everyone is involved in. What's the next step for you in NSP Certifications?
For me since I've only been doing this for a few years I'm at the beginning of my extended learning. On Saturday I do my ID course as my first Senior elective.
Where is everyone else at and what are your off season learning plans?

TS
Carolinacub

Carolinacub

Skier
So I did the Instructor Development program last week and while I'm excited about becoming a Instructor I have to say the class was a pain.
The online portion absolutely blew. When we all got together for the classroom part there was a discussion about the good and the bad regarding the online portion. Well needless to say it was somewhat overwhelming negative when we talked about the online stuff. Weird quizzes, not much continuity etc etc.
I realize this is a work in progress but I have to ask the question....Did no one involved in this actually go through the online portion? I mean c'mon we're a big organization with plenty of resources and we can't get something as basic as this right.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The actual content and presentation of the ID course is whats keeping me from actually being an instructor.

My off season plans are organizing the CPR recert for my patrol and then getting all the slackers that missed the first one to attend a later course. Then we got our OEC refresher in October. Otherwise not much on my books except to finally drag myself through the ID course and write up award submissions.

TS
Carolinacub

Carolinacub

Skier
doing the 6 pack presentation was actually fun. I learned some new stuff that will be useful and I got to teach everyone how to do a formal coffee presentation. My offseason project other than prepping for becoming a sled trainer is to design/build sled houses for our mountain.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
No new courses for me. Could possible do WORs patrol, but I usually pass on Summer events.

Trying to convince 15 3/4yr old daughter to take OEC this summer. :)

TS
Carolinacub

Carolinacub

Skier
No new courses for me. Could possible do WORs patrol, but I usually pass on Summer events.

Trying to convince 15 3/4yr old daughter to take OEC this summer. :)
I hope you can convince her, At least she'd have an in house academic counselor.

What's WOR?

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Off road biking series. I didn't realize the W stood for Wisconsin. :)

Used to have pro events at the hill, but they moved because parking wasn't big enough. Nordic has one of the better biking courses in the area.

Good experience to treat major road rash and more shoulder injuries.

http://wors.org/

Sponsor

Staff online