• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jasmap

Booting up
Skier
I am considering adding a set of twin tips to my quiver. Actually I'm almost dead set on doing it. I'd like some input from everyone with twin tip experience to help me narrow down what to demo.

I am looking for a playful ski in the 100-108 waist range for bumps, trees, small jumps, crud, and some powder. I ride in this type of snow mostly but my wife sticks mostly to groomers and light blacks so I need the ability to ride the front side also. I guess a true all-mountain ski. I am 5'10 190lbs and an advanced skier. We almost solely ski out west, CO, UT, WY, AZ, etc....

These are not the only skis but something similar construction to the 4frnt Devastator, Moment PB&J, etc.... All reccomendations are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

Castle Dave

Getting off the lift
Skier
Perhaps Dynastar Slicer .Factory. 98 underfoot, softish tip and tail, stiff underfoot, directional mount, pretty cheap for Dynastar quality.

TS
J

Jasmap

Booting up
Skier
Perhaps Dynastar Slicer .Factory. 98 underfoot, softish tip and tail, stiff underfoot, directional mount, pretty cheap for Dynastar quality.

It's slightly less in the waist than what I was looking for but I did look and it looks like it's got tons of potential.

James

Out There
Instructor
Some questions to ask if tou really mean twin tip or just a non carver oriented ski:

Do you ski switch a lot and land jumps switch?
Are you going to center mount this ski?
Do you really care about a turned up tip in the tail that's as big as the front?

TS
J

Jasmap

Booting up
Skier
Some questions to ask if tou really mean twin tip or just a non carver oriented ski:

Do you ski switch a lot and land jumps switch?
Are you going to center mount this ski?
Do you really care about a turned up tip in the tail that's as big as the front?

Hi James. I do ski switch a little but not as much as us like because I don't have a true twin tip and I'd like to get better at skiing switch. I do want a true twin tip with both tips turned up close to the same. I have carver and crud busting skis and want something new to play on.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi James. I do ski switch a little but not as much as us like because I don't have a true twin tip and I'd like to get better at skiing switch. I do want a true twin tip with both tips turned up close to the same. I have carver and crud busting skis and want something new to play on.

Good for you.....get what you want to get.....it’s your enjoyment...have fun.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Lots of great twins in that size range! Faction has the Candide 2.0 which is a fun, very playful ski and the Candide 3.0 is wider underfoot, more directional shape and a little stiffer flex making it a better carver. The Line Sir Francis Bacon would be more similar in flex and feel to the Candide 2.0.

Black Crows Atris would be similar to the Candide 3.0 as would the Armada ARV 106. All fun, playful twins with a backbone.
JSkis Metal is another great twin that adds metal to give it more dampness and crud capability.

ON3P Kartel 108 and the Moment PB&J are both legendary in the freestyle/free ride world as they both are made in the States with insane build quality. The Kartel 108 would be a touch heavier than the other skis mentioned but a similar flex pattern which makes it more stable at speed and through crud. The Moment PB&J is narrower at 101mm and lighter than most of the other skis but has a stiffer flex and longer turn radius so it excels on groomers and charges far beyond its weight class. Performs like a mini Bibby which is king of the powder “playful chargers”.

All of these skis are fun and worth a demo!

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have one day on the first gen Atris and am so far quite happy! Pretty agile while also being substantial and supportive.

TS
J

Jasmap

Booting up
Skier
I have one day on the first gen Atris and am so far quite happy! Pretty agile while also being substantial and supportive.

Last night was the 1st I had looked at the Atris. What did you get a chance to ride them through?

TS
J

Jasmap

Booting up
Skier
Lots of great twins in that size range! Faction has the Candide 2.0 which is a fun, very playful ski and the Candide 3.0 is wider underfoot, more directional shape and a little stiffer flex making it a better carver. The Line Sir Francis Bacon would be more similar in flex and feel to the Candide 2.0.

Black Crows Atris would be similar to the Candide 3.0 as would the Armada ARV 106. All fun, playful twins with a backbone.
JSkis Metal is another great twin that adds metal to give it more dampness and crud capability.

ON3P Kartel 108 and the Moment PB&J are both legendary in the freestyle/free ride world as they both are made in the States with insane build quality. The Kartel 108 would be a touch heavier than the other skis mentioned but a similar flex pattern which makes it more stable at speed and through crud. The Moment PB&J is narrower at 101mm and lighter than most of the other skis but has a stiffer flex and longer turn radius so it excels on groomers and charges far beyond its weight class. Performs like a mini Bibby which is king of the powder “playful chargers”.

All of these skis are fun and worth a demo!

This was a huge help. The descriptions help me tremendously.

Sponsor

Staff online