• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Coming Soon: Steep Video Game

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Take. my. money. This looks so badass!

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I dunno any ski videogame will have to go far to beat the design aesthetic and overall drop in/have fun of the decade old SSX On Tour. Skis , ridiculous tricks and Run to the Hills, Overkill etc etc. I particularly liked being able to boost yuuuge off a kicker take my skis off, spin them like a ninja helicopter to the sound of the wind whistling by.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
An instructor friend, who shall remain nameless, described to me the absurdity of trying to teach never-ever East Indian families from Texas how to ski. Many were in the tech industries. Spent their working lives in front of computers and seriously out of shape.

And many were convinced that they already could ski/snowboard because they'd been doing it in computer games. Seriously. They said so. They could not understand why they couldn't just go to the top first thing and do all the tricks they did on Wii or whatnot. This wasn't a one-off either. This scenario was repeated all winter. From the little kids to grandma. Funny and sad all at the same time.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And many were convinced that they already could ski/snowboard because they'd been doing it in computer games. Seriously. They said so. They could not understand why they couldn't just go to the top first thing and do all the tricks they did on Wii or whatnot. This wasn't a one-off either. This scenario was repeated all winter. From the little kids to grandma. Funny and sad all at the same time.
Funny about this. The first time I took my son to drive in my rwd Miata he took it into a corner (we were in a open gravel parking lot) a little hot and the tail end swung out. He counter steered into the turn and brought the tail back, textbook. I asked him how he knew how to do that, he said Grand Theft Auto. I will say, to this day I have yet to check the trunk of any of his cars for dead hookers.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I will say, to this day I have yet to check the trunk of any of his cars for dead hookers.

Because you don't think they're there? Or you don't want to know?

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Funny about this. The first time I took my son to drive in my rwd Miata he took it into a corner (we were in a open gravel parking lot) a little hot and the tail end swung out. He counter steered into the turn and brought the tail back, textbook. I asked him how he knew how to do that, he said Grand Theft Auto. I will say, to this day I have yet to check the trunk of any of his cars for dead hookers.

I think it actually does sort of work for car simulators, especially Gran Turismo. But SSX didn't actually teach you much - er, anything - about physics.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
An instructor friend, who shall remain nameless, described to me the absurdity of trying to teach never-ever East Indian families from Texas how to ski. Many were in the tech industries. Spent their working lives in front of computers and seriously out of shape.

If you've ever had the pleasure of debugging code created by some of these techies, you'll see the sheer lunacy of their thought process isn't limited to adventure sports..

:poo::daffy:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Veering dangerously close to racist ..

Sponsor