• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Springs Assholes on ATVs trash Velocity Basin

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
This really pisses me off. I hope this wasn't anyone here.

ATVs suspected of damaging alpine tundra north of Silverton

This was the basin mid April with Silverton Mtn to the right:

IMG_5016.jpg

Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
That's what they lead you to believe the machines are for, spraying dirt.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I guess its time to prohibit those vehicles above tree line...

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
This is a CRIME!

Like so many things, some idiots are going to mess it up for those that use these as real work tools.
I often work with survey teams or routers that use ATV's and saves them days of walking through some very rough terrain.

Joel

Having fun
Skier
I had a similar run in with snowmobiles while out BC skiing one day. They tore up a meadow and wetland area and about anything that looked like a flat open space. The areas where snow mobiles are allowed is well documented. I talked with one of them and got the I didn't know response.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
As a hunter, shooter, and utv rider who understands public perception of said endeavors it ticks me off to no end when these idiots do stuff like this. The public at large is very good at painting the rest of the responsible users with a very, very broad brush.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Perhaps a educational environment class when purchasing off road vehicles would promote better behavior. Although it's hard to fix stupid.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Perhaps a educational environment class when purchasing off road vehicles would promote better behavior. Although it's hard to fix stupid.
Stupid is not painful nearly enough.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Someone rolled one of those UTVs off a cliff and killed 4 people here last week. The trails here are so thick with them these days it is scary to go off road. People do not drive them slow.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Someone rolled one of those UTVs off a cliff and killed 4 people here last week. The trails here are so thick with them these days it is scary to go off road. People do not drive them slow.
They were probably family or friends in that UTV. Where did common sense go. SMH

Sponsor

Staff online