• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado Freeride Systems Jackets

bjohansson

Putting on skis
Skier
Not affiliated with the company other than being a very satisfied customer. Colorado Freeride Systems was founded by a skier who designs for skiers. Mike Collins started by making a strap system to carry skis in the backcountry and now makes some of the best technical jackets out there. I have bought 2 jackets (2 different designs for very different needs) and they are the best pieces of gear that I own. The designs are simple yet elegant in their simplicity. Best features: hood fits over helmets; collar design is simply awesome; zippers work easily even with gloves on; materials are the best out there and remarkably durable. I am wearing one of them in my avatar photo...

Do yourself a favor and check them out at
http://www.freeridesystems.com/products

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks for posting. Those look like quality jackets with a simple, solid design and nice colors. Will have to bookmark their site.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If anyone has a connection at these smaller companies, have them get in touch with us for advertising.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Not affiliated with the company other than being a very satisfied customer. Colorado Freeride Systems was founded by a skier who designs for skiers. Mike Collins started by making a strap system to carry skis in the backcountry and now makes some of the best technical jackets out there. I have bought 2 jackets (2 different designs for very different needs) and they are the best pieces of gear that I own. The designs are simple yet elegant in their simplicity. Best features: hood fits over helmets; collar design is simply awesome; zippers work easily even with gloves on; materials are the best out there and remarkably durable. I am wearing one of them in my avatar photo...

Wow, love the look and simplicity as well.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

One women's jacket "coming soon"? Boo.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Well, most of them go over your head, and then you put your arms through the sleeves. Although sometimes I put my arms in first, and then pull over my head.

Pbbbthhbb!

Where can I find them to try on? Or do I need to order and potentially return?

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
There is a shop in Leadville, otherwise I think ordering is the only other way.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester

I think I am ordering up a Antero II plus, I wear a Flylow Large, any idea how that compares size-wise?

Colors: Tonka truck yellow, blue or Green???? I kinda like that tonka yellow

I will order one up and write up a review.

Last edited:

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
The folks over at TGR have a lot of experience with Co Freeride Systems -- probably dig up some sizing advice there.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Talking to them about coming aboard as a sponsor.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Received a prompt and helpful response from Nick at CFS. They also carry a women's line called Fulsus. www.fulsus.com

I am ordering up a Antero II Plus in yellow. Will get review up in the next couple of weeks.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Received a prompt and helpful response from Nick at CFS. They also carry a women's line called Fulsus. www.fulsus.com

That must be a miscommunication. That link points to a site with a man (beard and all) prominently displayed. They have men's and women's gear. And there are two women's jackets to roughly one million men's. *sigh*

Coalition Skis is a nice idea for specializing in women's skis, but what I think we might really need are women's-only technical ski wear companies.

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
If anyone has a connection at these smaller companies, have them get in touch with us for advertising.

I dropped Mike a line regarding this request.

I'm very happy with my new Antero II Plus jacket AND the awesome customer service Mike, Nick and his staff provides.
Their Prospect pants and shorts are also worth a look. If you have fit issues, ask them to see what they can do for you.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
At the request of several people, we've pulled discussion about women's technical clothing out for another thread.

Sponsor