• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
A little Northern Michigan color start for that former Michiganian

166201248.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A little Northern Michigan color start for that former Michiganian

166201248.jpg
This pleases me.
Now I need to find a way to get to Apple Hill and get some Cider.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
...and that would be "Michigander"
ogwink

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
...and that would be "Michigander"
ogwink

I generally use "gander" for generic applications, 'ganian' for ladies. "Michigander" originally was coined by Abe Lincoln as a slur against a potential presidential opponent, Lewis Cass, who had governed Michigan territory before its statehood.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Kneale Brownson after Skier-J Generously sent me mulling spices and fresh cider from the east coast, one of my neighbors turned me on to this place about 2.5 hrs away from where I live. http://www.applehillca.com
I haven't made the trip yet but its on my list of possible miata drives this fall. Might be fun to take one of the more scenic drives.
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 7.23.26 AM.png

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Road trips are always fun!

The closest "apple" experience to me is also about 2 to 2.5 hours. The drive is not nearly as scenic though.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Road trips are always fun!

The closest "apple" experience to me is also about 2 to 2.5 hours. The drive is not nearly as scenic though.
The flip of the life of a Michigan girl, for me.
I used to live within a stones throw of apple everything. Two cider presses within a couple miles of my house. ....But good skiing and mountains were at least 14 hours away.
Now I live within 30 minutes of world class skiing but have a 2.5 hr drive for apple everything.
There are other things I miss from Michigan life, like autumn colors, fresh tart cherries to make my favorite cherry pie (haven't found a substitute in Tahoe). Friends tell me that they found frozen sweet cherries for me, but ....sigh....they don't understand.

But, as @Doug Briggs says, If you're lucky enough to live in the mountains...you're lucky enough.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
10 min to apples, 15 min to new cidery and 1 hour to old cidery. Love living this close to "the County". Might head over Saturday AM to see the new release of ciders from Apple Falls.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
In my world Fall is here right after labor day weekend. I have my welcome fall plaque at work and I'm ready. Leaves are starting to turn and this year it's not premature from drought. It's going to be a beautiful fall. It's about Apple Cider and Cider Donut time. You can buy them in the grocery store but that seems like cheating to me so we drive the 15 minutes to the local apple barn and get our fill. This is my 2nd favorite season of the year.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I generally use "gander" for generic applications, 'ganian' for ladies. "Michigander" originally was coined by Abe Lincoln as a slur against a potential presidential opponent, Lewis Cass, who had governed Michigan territory before its statehood.
Sir, I do posit getting insulted by Abraham Lincoln would have been an honor. Wear it proudly.

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
The flip of the life of a Michigan girl, for me.
I used to live within a stones throw of apple everything. Two cider presses within a couple miles of my house. ....But good skiing and mountains were at least 14 hrs away.
Now I live within 30 minutes of world class skiing but have a 2.5 hr drive for apple everything.
There are other things I miss from Michigan life, like autumn colors, fresh tart cherries to make my favorite cherry pie (haven't found a substitute in Tahoe). Friends tell me that they found frozen sweet cherries for me, but ....sigh....they don't understand.

But, as @Doug Briggs says, If you're lucky enough to live in the mountains...you're lucky enough.

I've never been totally enthralled with cider, but MAPLE SYRUP is something else. We stop by the Amish farm west of Manton to pick up a gallon of their wonderful product. No maples in Colorado so no sugarbushes. But that's a springtime thing.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well this former Michigander (both lower and upper peninsula) is now viciously homesick. Since I'm going to visit my mother in two weeks I'll be scheduling a cider and donuts trip for sure!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've never been totally enthralled with cider, but MAPLE SYRUP is something else. We stop by the Amish farm west of Manton to pick up a gallon of their wonderful product. No maples in Colorado so no sugarbushes. But that's a springtime thing.
I know that Amish family.
Well this former Michigander (both lower and upper peninsula) is now viciously homesick. Since I'm going to visit my mother in two weeks I'll be scheduling a cider and donuts trip for sure!
:drool:

Sponsor

Staff online