• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colnago

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I fell in love with the idea of someday of owning a Colnago with Campagnolo Super Record components. Never happened.

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I built up two Master team Colnago's back in the day with Super Record, alu freewheel and all, for a guy who was racing them..wanted a backup bike. Left them in his wagon one night and someone broke the glass and stole them both. He cried.. :)

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
My first handmade steel frame, now a resto project after blasting and powder coat. It’s not a Colnago, but this threaded steel fork that I found for it is ...

Record headset. Still looking for everything else.
4E96C91C-72AC-44FF-AE6B-03BAA4811C61.jpeg
8884BCDE-B204-43D7-9B57-12E3F569FA7F.jpeg

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
The "switch" to the straight fork was a big deal. Completely changed the look of frames. And sloping top tubes.

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Lemond? Nice..I have a Goss custom 853 currently. I would like to put some miles on it this summer...fingers crossed!
You know your stuff. It’s a Zurich frame. Has about 35k miles on it, but has been wall art for a while.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nothing beats a Colnago. After lusting for one for many tears , 12 or 13 years ago I built one up with parts (new) mostly all from ebay. It took a couple of years to gather all the parts, but when it was done ...brilliant. I know, a lot of people will deride it , because its aluminum, but it rides like a...Dream!

colnago dream.jpg

Muleski

Inactive
Three original Zurich's and two Lemond Ti frames in our family. Plus a spare 853 frame.

The 53cm frame geometry fits me, and my son almost like a custom frame. I have shortened my stem, added a small amount of rise {old guy stuff}. Very comfortable ride, for sure. Ride on some crappy roads, and they just "work."

One may get repainted soon......

All built up with Dura-Ace and Ultegra. Nothing exotic. Functional. Been a lot of bike for the buck.

Many years ago, I had a number of Italian road bikes....all Super Record. My two favorites were Gios, with chrome forks. Miss those. Sold them to fund some other drown up needs at the time. Ha!

TS
scott43

scott43

Skier
I dunno..Dura Ace is pretty exotic for me! :D

I had a Gios Torino..loved that bike..super short wheelbase crit bike..that deep blue paint..I think the seat tube was 75 degrees..
Gios-Torino-Record-Inbetween-Version-1.jpg

Muleski

Inactive
I dunno..Dura Ace is pretty exotic for me! :D

I had a Gios Torino..loved that bike..super short wheelbase crit bike..that deep blue paint..I think the seat tube was 75 degrees..
Gios-Torino-Record-Inbetween-Version-1.jpg

Yep......short wheelbase, quick as hell. Fun. Back when I was "younger" 35-40 years ago. Loved that bike.

Now on the Lemond, the DuraAce is older, was bought NOS, and sourced to get a serious deal. Ha! Current Dura Ace.....no chance. No need, either. My son is very good and finding nice components, cheap {relatively speaking}, and holding on to them.

Cost of most new top end groupos just blows me away........Then again, I'm not aspiring to be a pro!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Muleski

Inactive
That's a LOTTA money! Think of what that buys for skis, passes.....cars!

Now as I say that, I was walking the dogs and this guy I know {who is no super skilled rider} rides up to me on his brand new custom Storck. Not sure what that does for him, but he has a nice stable of bikes. That get very little use.

My most used bike is a well worn Lemond Revmaster spin bike {used on CL!}

Muleski

Inactive
@Muleski, seriously, is there anything any of your drawers, besides the top one? :roflmao:

As I recall, I sold one of the Gios bikes to buy some baby furniture 32 years ago, and traded the other one for a Jamis XTR Dakota MTN bike about 25 years ago.......back before the road bike craze took off. I was riding alone and it suddenly was not that much fun! I do wish I kept one. For sure.

The first Lemond Zurich was bought when I started to ride again. Bought another, used, for our son. They come up for sale, and they are a bargain in many cases. Plus they fit both of us. Like to be stretched out a bit. Those Ti frames were perfect and dirt cheap. I can't imagine how many miles our son has on his....30K, 40K?

That Colnago with the link is beautful...and kinda gaudy. Agree.

Sponsor

Staff online