• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

CO Local Bike Shop Robbed - be on the lookout for these bikes

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I just saw this post:

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 10.05.15 AM.png

Seems they only stole Cannondale MTBs

TS
Ken_R

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Can't believe this happened again......

Great shop, where I got my MTB

That is where I got my C-dale cross bike last fall and recently my MTB (Santa Cruz Hightower LT). They are good people.

This is crazy, the boldness of these thieves.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
That’s why our local bike shop has retractable bars across the front window and back door
To stop this
They have been hit a few times in the past

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Losers.

I bought my bike 16 years ago at a bike shop that had experienced a smash and grab. The bike I bought had fallen out of the thieves vehicle so the shop refurbished it with better parts. So I got an $850 bike with upgrades for $650. Goes to show that you don't have to spend thousands on a bike that will last 15 years without "falling apart" as some have suggested.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
I would suggest a complete vertical shutter, similar to what @Near Nyquist is talking about. Aluminum storefront entrances only keep the honest people out. I'm sure they have a camera on the front door too. Because my business is in an industrial park, we seems to be a target. Added a security alarm and camera out towards the road. That way you catch the license plate, coming or going.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
I would suggest a complete vertical shutter, similar to what @Near Nyquist is talking about. Aluminum storefront entrances only keep the honest people out. I'm sure they have a camera on the front door too. Because my business is in an industrial park, we seems to be a target. Added a security alarm and camera out towards the road. That way you catch the license plate, coming or going.
They have had bikes stolen on test rides with fake id n fake credit cards. With one of the shop guys along for the ride.

Just an easy target I guess

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
That too. A few years ago our local ski shop got hit for all the top Oakley's in the show case. Just the glasses, no goggles. So if they go be through the security footage, who hung around the most with the Cannondale bikes.