• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Club Sandwich Poll

Should club sandwiches should be made with turkey, or chicken?

• Chicken

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Turkey

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • Flawed poll - state your reason.

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

mcpowell

I want to be good
Skier
Mayo is important in the South. I grew up on Kraft “real mayonnaise” but when I got married my wife insisted on Dukes. For awhile, we were a house divided but I eventually gave in and now we’re all Dukes.

BUT...there’s a sandwich shop in town that really piles on the Monarch mayonnaise. It’s very heavy duty, and is simply the best.

And all you crunchy bacon eaters...I’ll just never understand. Surely you don’t eat your steaks well done...

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Surely you don’t eat your steaks well done...

I like my chicken on the rare side too.

And
dont-call-me-shirley.jpg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Mayo is important in the South. I grew up on Kraft “real mayonnaise” but when I got married my wife insisted on Dukes. For awhile, we were a house divided but I eventually gave in and now we’re all Dukes.

BUT...there’s a sandwich shop in town that really piles on the Monarch mayonnaise. It’s very heavy duty, and is simply the best.

And all you crunchy bacon eaters...I’ll just never understand. Surely you don’t eat your steaks well done...

Love crispy bacon, and medium-rare (or sometimes rarer) steaks.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So....Nobody cares if its Turkey, Chicken, or even a BLT...............Its all about the MAYO!!!!:golfclap:

AlpsSkidad

Buying more gear
Skier
Used to be a chicken club sandwich kind of guy. Then February 2017 the wife, kids and I were taking a nice 2 week ski trip in Courchevel 1850 (Trois Vallees France) at one of the top Palace rated hotels there. I ordered the hotel chicken club sandwich for lunch and it gave me food poisoning. (we were 100% sure it was that meal/sandwich) I was stuck in bed for 2 days, couldn't keep anything down. Upside was that I did lose a little weight from the ordeal.
Worst of all I lost a few great days of skiing with my family! In any case, while I know it could happen at any meal, psychologically, I cannot bring myself to eat club sandwiches any more. Scarred for life!

TS
F

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Used to be a chicken club sandwich kind of guy. Then February 2017 the wife, kids and I were taking a nice 2 week ski trip in Courchevel 1850 (Trois Vallees France) at one of the top Palace rated hotels there. I ordered the hotel chicken club sandwich for lunch and it gave me food poisoning. (we were 100% sure it was that meal/sandwich) I was stuck in bed for 2 days, couldn't keep anything down. Upside was that I did lose a little weight from the ordeal.
Worst of all I lost a few great days of skiing with my family! In any case, while I know it could happen at any meal, psychologically, I cannot bring myself to eat club sandwiches any more. Scarred for life!
While travelling across Canada I had a turkey Club Sandwich at a Tempo Gas station/restaurant in Ignace Ont. I guess the turkey might have been a bit off; 4 hours later, stopped for the night at a hotel, I spent a couple of hours throwing up. Fortunately It hadn't worked itself too far into me. I was OK the next day, albeit a bit weak. I didn't eat another Club Sandwich for about a decade.

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
You guys on the east are sooo lucky..you get Hellmann's..we are stuck with Best Foods mayo west of the Rockies. ;)

I had to look when I was at City Market. This is funny.

[Best Foods] Known as Hellman's East of the Rockies

[Hellman's] Known as Best Foods East of the Rockies

And IN the Rockies we get our choice!

IMG_20181105_153407031.jpg

But sly @Philpug knew that what with all his winking. ;)

Sponsor