• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

lone pine

Getting on the lift
Skier
IMG_3171.JPG

The insulated suits from SOS were great for frigid temps. After my 1985 model got long in the tooth and out of fashion it was repurposed as Vermont snowblower attire.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The insulated suits from SOS were great for frigid temps. After my 1985 model got long in the tooth and out of fashion it was repurposed as Vermont snowblower attire.

I've got an old REI gore tex one piece suit that I use for the exact same purpose. It may get pulled out for duty on Wednesday!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
View attachment 89839
That is a nice 10 - 12 inches of snow on your deck, is it a recent photo?

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
Besides Cloudveil I'd love to see a return of Hard Corps. I also wish Mountain Hardware still made clothes that fit me. I've got a bunch of stuff that is 5-8 years old and fits well but nothing they make anymore comes close to working for me. :(

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll join the throng who miss Mother Karen's. Karen Korfanta's skiwear brand was simple, worked, and had an unmistakable look. Also: a great warranty against defects in manufacture made them very popular with the Wasatch Front crowd.

I miss Swans gear from Japan. Their Impercuss racing gloves (with screw-on hardshell armor) were so comfortable, made with the most supple leather. That said: a season of summer skiing with all of the solar salt exposure would quickly do in the gloves, and at over $100 a pair in the early 1990s, they weren't a cheap replacement.

Also missed:

Steffner ski sweaters and beanies. I realize that Eisbär has taken over the latter category, but their sweaters (especially the cool patterns they did for OSV athletes in the late 80s/early 90s) were the best.

Conte of Florence is another brand that racers really loved in the late 80s/early 90s. They made the first slalom helmet (which was a weird rubber affair), but they also made some incredibly cool skiwear for everyday use.

Fila also used to make some cool ski stuff.

Sponsor

Staff online