• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Idahosnow

Putting on skis
Skier
Anything but these. I think this is a spoof but only slightly longer than reality back in the day.
1577833290919.png

Pequenita

Making fresh tracks
Skier
They made some nice stuff.
Unfortunately their name was
“ISIS”
Ouch.

I really liked their clothes. They took a hiatus, then the terrorist group hit media, and the clothing company never really recovered. I also liked YMX by Yellowman for base layers.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Anything but these. I think this is a spoof but only slightly longer than reality back in the day. View attachment 88837
Saggies are still alive and popular in urban America. I'll never understand how people tolerate that feeling that their pants are falling off all day long, or even for a few minutes.. But millions still do..

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Two companies I remember wearing in the 80’s from Starting Gate Ski Shop....
Haha, I remember that place..on 209 towards Bushkill.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cloudveil was bought (by ... I can’t remember) and turned into junk. So yes, the founder started Stio.
Spyder, I believe - in Boulder.

Sullivan founded Cloudveil in 1997, after being a manager at an outdoor retail store. The company later brought in private equity money and grew to $22 million in sales. It sold to Spyder Active Sports in 2008, before being sold again, this time to Windsong Brands in 2010. Sullivan left shortly afterward. Earlier this year, Windsong announced another management change at Cloudveil, bringing in Rockhopper Group to move the brand forward.

Sullivan said some past Cloudveil employees are now with him at Stio.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
All I can offer is what ski clothing NOT to resurrect: Body Glove neoprene ski pants. Please God, no.

completely agree
a number of my buddies and I were once sponsered by a local North Vancouver company in their farmer john version. blue with yellow side panels, Olin skis
Skied as a group frequently. Am very glad to have no pictures.

the steam rising while peeling those suits off in the parking lots could easily have created it's own snow cloud.

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Out with my wife the other day shopping I found this Head moc-turtle neck shirt. Since I have a pair Head Rally skis it was a automatic purchase. On the Head tag it stated "This Head Product Is Made Under License By Highlife LLC." I am not sure who they are because I have not Googled them yet. But they put the Head name on some clothes that seem to be sports related.

I've worked with them. They do a lot of private label and licensed brand goods for off-price retailers (Nordstrom Rack, Saks Off 5th, Coscto). Great quality for the price, especially on basic poly/spandex pieces like base layers, work out gear, and run accessories (the $15 gloves are the perfect weight for the uphill on tours & hold up really well), but they're not using anything cutting edge in terms of more technical pieces like waterproof mitts.

Mattadvproject

Love that powder!
Industry Insider
Loved Predatorwear from California. They had a great range and some good technical pieces. Siver Cartel was a little too freestyle for me but they had some really nice puffies. Always got a soft spot for Nevica from growing up skiing in Scotland. They made flouro fashoinable the first time round.....

bmlvail

Booting up
Industry Insider
CB did try to come back with the red/blue "Raider" and anorak. LINK.
DSC_7532.jpg

I'd like to see S.O.S. Sportswear Of Sweden return to it's original designs before they went "urban".

Club A

Sadly the manufacturer of Club A (Torstai) was purchased by Luhta and dropped that collection in the mid 1990's. Now Torstai (www.torstai.com) has been reduced to a woman's sportswear collection. Check out the Club A story... http://www.thesnowalker.com/2018/12/21/from-lapland-to-the-today-show-the-club-a-story/

bmlvail

Booting up
Industry Insider

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^ Say ”Spyder purchased Cloudveil” again.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For what I guess people now call "resort wear" I liked Marker's combination of clean lines, good quality, and reasonable price.

I'd buy a pair of Schneiderhosen in a heartbeat if they came back, style be damned. My knees would LOVE that nicely tensioned wrap!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I still wear my Chlorophylle Gortex jacket, made in Quebec 20years ago. I had a new zipper installed a couple years ago and it is faded but gets used when out snow blowing the driveway or walking the dog etc.

Sponsor