• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Head. In the 60's they started putting out clothes that would compete with Bogner (the Bogner of THEN not now). Good style and very functional.

Look at the old Redford movie Downhill Racer and you will see some of it. He wears a 1/4 light coat in it. I bought that shell in brown before the movie ever came out; my daughter "borrowed" it and still wears it. I still wear another Head 1/4 zip shell, I'm going to cry when it finally wears out.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I have an uninsulated Cloudveil jacket I've been using for town wear for over 20 years; inside pockets (meant for skins?) can each hold two large paperback books or whatever else you need to carry around.
Also a pair of Saranac gloves I got for $10 out of the bargain bin in a shop on Broadway in Jackson in 1994. Used them every ski day for almost 20 years, and still sometimes without liners for spring skiing. Stitching on fingers got too loose so they won't work in mid-winter anymore.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
I used to live in this CB Sports down jacket in HS. Had a Roffe in the 80's in wonderfully disgusting neon colors. Miss Cloudveil when it was good.

cb.png

NESkier_26

Putting on skis
Skier
TBH, with so many great choices out there today, I don't miss any of the old brands. Nostalgia is nice, but like with skis and boots, we are currently living in the "good old days" for ski clothing.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Two companies I remember wearing in the 80’s from Starting Gate Ski Shop....

-Gerry jackets
-Roffe ski pants

Definitely don’t want to see back.....but does bring back memories from Shawnee and Camelback days.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Two companies I remember wearing in the 80’s from Starting Gate Ski Shop....

-Gerry jackets
-Roffe ski pants

Definitely don’t want to see back.....but does bring back memories from Shawnee and Camelback days.
Sold both back in the day and they made good quality garments. My wife had Gerry jacket that out lasted other more expensive brands. Gerry also had a ski poster that I think I still have somewhere with fashion model Carroll Alt in the same jacket my wife had, they could have been twins.

Uncle-A

Skier
Waiting for the first CB Sports fan to come out of the woodwork. Not long now.

There are some I wish we could rescue from the big time.

I think I still have, somewhere, an original Sierra Designs "60/40 Jacket" from the mid seventies.
I picked up a CB jacket and pants last season at Models sporting goods for a very good price. They are basic black with the red CB letters but they fit well and I have skied in them once and they were warm so no complaints. My guess is that some outfit in China picked up the name and is capitalizing on the brand recognition.

Uncle-A

Skier
Out with my wife the other day shopping I found this Head moc-turtle neck shirt. Since I have a pair Head Rally skis it was a automatic purchase. On the Head tag it stated "This Head Product Is Made Under License By Highlife LLC." I am not sure who they are because I have not Googled them yet. But they put the Head name on some clothes that seem to be sports related.

Sponsor