• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Was on the slopes and ran into a guy rocking a moonstone shell from the 90s.

Would like to see the brand come back. I have a few items from Moonstone and always liked their gear. Columbia owns the moonstone brand which they bought out of bankruptcy but sadly never revived the brand.

Any brands you want to see come back. Anyone regularly wear a now defunct brand?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Waiting for the first CB Sports fan to come out of the woodwork. Not long now.

There are some I wish we could rescue from the big time.

I think I still have, somewhere, an original Sierra Designs "60/40 Jacket" from the mid seventies.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Waiting for the first CB Sports fan to come out of the woodwork. Not long now.

There are some I wish we could rescue from the big time.

I think I still have, somewhere, an original Sierra Designs "60/40 Jacket" from the mid seventies.
CB did try to come back with the red/blue "Raider" and anorak. LINK.
DSC_7532.jpg

I'd like to see S.O.S. Sportswear Of Sweden return to it's original designs before they went "urban".

Club A

TS
Wasatchman

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
Pedigree, Pod (Podborski actually, division of the original Sun Ice), Sierra Design or Blackstock (their other brand).
I think Sierra Designs is still around though, isn't it? Never tried their clothing but I have some camping gear/equipment made by them which is really good.

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a Moonstone down jacket that is my “towndown” coat. I love it.

Otherwise I mostly just wish Patagucci would bring back some of their older designs.
Yes, kind of. Not so much that Cloudveil became Stio, but the original founder of Cloudveil also founded Stio and both are based in JH.
You are correct
I have one of those that I still love.

oh, and I think Ibex might be coming back - that’s cool. I have a really old wool ski pants of theirs that are great.

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I had a Degree 7 jacket that I loved. Not sure if they are still around but it was a great piece.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Cloudveil was bought (by ... I can’t remember) and turned into junk. So yes, the founder started Stio.

Who remembers Windy Pass? That was my first Gore Tex stuff.

Moonstone was great. And I just bought a vintage CB pullover last year, ready for retro day!

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have an old Moonstone Goretex shell. It's more like a rain-shell, not a cold-weather shell. It is still mint, folds up into nothing so travels well, and I wear it a few times a year.

I came by my Moonstone when I was selling a portable Sony Mini-Disc player on an Audio Buy and Sell site. A guy from Nova Scotia was a clothing rep or something like that, and traded me one of his Moonstone samples for my Mini-Disc player. Very happy with that trade !

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Schneider ski pants....except that with age, they might not fit as well as used to......
I was waiting for someone to mention the Schneiderhosen. Memories of another era..
And of course you mean the pants wouldn't have aged well. ;)

Sponsor

Staff online