• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Clearance Aisle Deals-Ski Relate

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We started a non ski related thead HERE. What are some of your killer ski deals?

I will start with this one. I beleive it was at Big Sky, @FairToMiddlin and I were in a shop and they had some FKS180's for 50% off and thought that was a pretty good deal. As we talked to the sales guy, he mentioned that they shouldn't have been out on display and that he could't sell them. We asked why. HE chuckled that one of the techs screwed up ad mounted one FKS180 and one FKS140 on a customers ski. They tried to get the customer to come abck and recticfy the sitation. I said, "so you also have one FKS140 back there too then, right? He sheepishly said yes. Knowing what I had in my binding collection at home, I figured I could mix and match some colors. I offered him $100 for the two miss matched bindings. At first he said he couldn't do that for liability reasons. Since it wasn't true, we worked around that. I forget what we settled on price wise but FTM ended up with the 180 with a single 18 I had and I took the 140 to hang on the wall. I am not sure if he still as the bindings.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Well, there was that time when these were selling for $110 shipped, 192 cm but for those who can handle them, quite a great deal. I think they turned out to be some of the ones that went out the back door stolen though

1589057185442.png

Got my ski box off Craigslist for $50. It needed lock cores. That was another $15 but inside there was a bike tray and Thule crossbars.

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
How about a very good quality ski for a teen, smaller advanced adult, or lower level adult?

Volkl Confession Junior $219, in 163cm, 100mm is waist. I own this ski for my kid, 12 years old 5'6 115lbs. Solid skier, skis them well, reports that they are very solid stable skis that turn fairly easily but also can lay down an edge.

My wife is a low intermediate, same height, 15 lb heavier, also very much like these skis.

This is a real ski, essentially the same as the confession or katana with a softer flex. But it's definitely not a noodle. Skis powder and crud well, fully rockered but mellow rocker - it doesn't slide around like a banana made out of ice cubes. It likely could work for a good skier who fits its length.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Some Ebay deals...
  • Raichle Flexon with Intuitions NIB. $5.95 shipped
  • Single (orange) Atomic Metron M9 for $13.50. I contacted Atomic Warranty Center to see if they had a single around, they sent me the same ski in blue. These were 164's and I ended up giving them to my Father In Law. I documented the story back on Epic. FiL was at Okemo one day and a guy road the lift with him and noticed the skis. He said "I know those skis, they are famous".

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Back when Sports Authority went out of business.. I cleaned out their mounting Jigs from the shop. $75 for a bunch of Rossignol/Look jigs as that was what I was running at the time. It retrospect I should have also grabbed the Marker and Tyrollia jigs they had too. Also picked up two Tyrollia Attacks 13's for I think $90 each.

Saintsman

Getting off the lift
Skier
There were silly deals to be had this time last year in the UK - loads of stock purchased in and no travel for anyone to use it. I picked up my Line Blades w/ Marker Griffon ID 13s for £350 all in (inclusive of UK sales tax at 20%).

Some of that stock still around, but it mostly disappeared very quickly once the French decided we weren't carrying the plague

Chip

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well it was a great deal- not sure if it qualifies as a killer deal
But picked up the Flylow Quantum Pro Jacket and Chemical pants during their warehouse sale last June for $320 for both.

The weird thing about Flylow is that they really don't advertise their sales. I just got my wife some new ski pants from them and they had a 50% off everything sale, but it was not mentioned anywhere and the discount only showed up when you put the item in your cart.

Carl

On the north side of the mountain
Skier
Toko world cup vice $70
Toko waxing iron $50
Dakine double roller ski bag $40
Dakine single ski bag $25

All on Steep & Cheap during the summer many years ago.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Pair of Cloudvail gauntlet gloves for $10 in bargain bin at the shop on Broadway in Jackson, near the town square in 1994. Used them for about 15 years until the stitching in the fingers started working loose and letting in cold air.
Phoenix backcountry shell, excellent waterproofing & breathability; detachable hood, powder skirt and sleeve gauntlets; more pockets than even I could use.
Bought for about USD $190 in 2001 and still use at times.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Those discount stores sometimes have the goods. I bought a Spyder full-zip mid layer at Burlington for like $30.
Like the one I am wearing right now. I am on my second one. Have to be full zip.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Helly Hansen pants for £20 at TK Maxx (UK branding for TJ Maxx). Kicker was they came with a hangtag for free daypass in Aspen (or some other places where HH supplied uniforms). Searched the rack to see if I could find any more pairs in other sizes to just flip on on eBay sans promo tag without success.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Rossi Super 7’s with Shift bindings: $120 on EBay.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Rossi Super 7’s with Shift bindings: $120 on EBay.
save on shipping, keep the skis and just send the bindings.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Already have them, skied ‘em, and keeping them. :daffy:

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Our ski condo and it pays us when we stay home.
Yeah this is the king of them all. Five years ago decided to save cash for a ski town home instead of finance. Whoops. I'm happy for everyone who got on it back when the getting on it was good ....

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
When my daughter was eight I picked up a Burton kids ski jacket for her, orange with little white polka dots, in good shape 20 bucks in Goodwill. She loved it right off the bat.

She'll turn 13 by the end of this ski season, has basically doubled in size since 8 years old, and somehow the jacket still fits great and looks good. And somehow she still really likes it as a picky tween.

Sponsor

Staff online