• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cleaning boots for sale: solutions?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Soap & water. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. A Foredom with flapper wheel to smooth out the sole edges.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Don't forget to pull out custom footbeds and remove an fit modifications.

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
Soap & water. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. A Foredom with flapper wheel to smooth out the sole edges.
I've used Simple Green (with a nail brush or other stiff bristled brush on the soles), followed by a wipe down with 303 protectant. The 303 brings a bit of sheen, without the greasy look of ArmorAll.

TS
jeff foreman

jeff foreman

Putting on skis
Skier
I've used Simple Green (with a nail brush or other stiff bristled brush on the soles), followed by a wipe down with 303 protectant. The 303 brings a bit of sheen, without the greasy look of ArmorAll.
Man I found 303 too powerful in protectant and cleaner. It took a layer of color right off my tonneau cover of my Tundra. I know it's good stuff though.

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
303 is basically watered down armor all.

TS
jeff foreman

jeff foreman

Putting on skis
Skier
303 is basically watered down armor all.

Watered down Armorall. Wow, I really really doubt that given what I have read about it online and my personal use of it. As I mentioned earlier it is too potent if anything and does not act like Armorall from my experience.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Watered down Armorall. Wow, I really really doubt that given what I have read about it online and my personal use of it. As I mentioned earlier it is too potent if anything and does not act like Armorall from my experience.
Yea unless you are doing fleets of cars, and your 303 expenses are breaking your financials, who cares. Get what you know works for you. Otherwise you might be stuck with a gallon of armorall that underperforms and you don't want to use and suddenly all those lifehack "savings" are now losses.

I don't also buy this argument of using the msds as minute differences and formulations do play a role and make a difference.

One can do the same reductive argument with many things that humans can detect and tell the differences. The below counterexamples show why this reductive reasoning is flawed.
All ski wax is the same, its 99% hydrocarbon paraffin.

all beer is the same just look at the abv. if you want lite beer just water down fullstrength beer.
All 40%liquor is the same; buy the cheapest.
All coffee is the same.
all fruit is the same and fungible. each and every banana is equivilantly 100% banana.
All generic brands equivilants are the same, don't buy name brands.

Last edited:

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It depends on your goal. If you just want calories, all bananas are the same (actually they are all clones from the same plant). If you want to get drunk, all 40% alcohol is the same. A rich rum might be more rewarding to sip if you have other goals.

If you are cleaning boots for sale, the cheapest might be best. If you are lazy, go with the easiest to use. If you have sensitive skin, there's another thing to consider.

I don't clean my boots. I don't want to remove that protective coating of grime.

Eric

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I haven't tried Colt but Steel Reserve actually tastes pretty good. I'd need a few before I clean my boots with a Magic Eraser (I've cleaned too many tubs with the Magic Eraser).

Maybe Steelies would be the best cleaning fluid.

Eric

Sponsor

Staff online