• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
"Marmalade were a successful Scottish pop rock group, from the east end of Glasgow, originally formed in 1961 as 'The Gaylords', later 'Dean Ford and The Gaylords'. In 1966, they changed the group name to 'The Marmalade'." Source

The world is
A bad place
A bad place
A terrible place to live
Well but I don't want to die

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
0418HP.jpg

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Nice contribution, @4ster Great twist, instead of yet another greatest-hit-of-all-time, lol. I've never heard Bowie covering PF, and had no idea at first he (they) had Pink Floyd Light backing him up (Wright, Gilmour, Mason).

Speaking of Wright, here's an early Floyd work written by Wright almost no one ever mentions. Great song about an interlude with a groupie.

I hardly even like you, I shouldn't care at all
We met just six hours ago, the music was too loud
From your bed I gained a day and lost a bloody year

...My friends are lying in the sun, I wish that I was there
Tomorrow brings another town and another girl like you...

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
"The temperature's rising, but any idiot would know that." Eno as prophet for global warming?

Baby's On Fire was written over 40 years ago. I don't think so, lol. Actually, the lyric is "But baby's on fire And all the instruments agree that Her temperature's rising But any idiot would know that" Just listened to it again -- that Robert Fripp guitar solo... what a freight train of inspiration it was for the coming Post-Punk era.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
2B5294E9-C146-4AB8-9E91-3D1489C65832.jpeg Spent the evening at a Doors tribute band show featuring our own Neill Byrnes as his alter/alter ego. Great show and great musicians

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Over the last two weeks of May 2019 I made a cross-country road trip from San Diego area to Wash DC area. Along the way my wife would play regional songs on her smart phone.
Texas: Louisiana:

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
WoW, I feel like an idiot. Did not realize Robert Palmer had passed away.....IN 2003!!

Sponsor

Staff online