• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier

over and over

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Pali Gap is perhaps my favorite Jimi Hendrix cut. Music starts about 20 secs in. It's an instrumental and while it sounds a little rough around the edges in 2018, there is a brilliance here. It could have potentially grown into a more finished tune, possibly even with lyrics if Hendrix had lived?? You have to understand, there was nobody around playing anything like this on the guitar at the time - 1970. From what I understand it was sort of an out take from when they were recording the basic track for Dolly Dagger. The band kept playing for several minutes after Dolly Dagger broke down. Billy Cox started playing a bass line and the band settled into the Pali Gap pattern. Jimi liked it and added a guitar part, but I think that is all that was done during his lifetime. It was called "Slow Part" and after Jimi died it was was released as a song titled "Pali Gap" to tie it in with the Rainbow Bridge movie and record album.

Last edited:

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
@neonorchid opened the door to Todd Rudgren. Philly people gotta stick together. I can spend a lot of YouTube time watching "Live From Daryl's House" produced by Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates, more Philly people. Todd Rudgren joined Daryl for a couple of shows. Two personal favorite Todd tunes from LFDH, hey, I'm a Philly dude, as is @Philpug.
Seriously, Todd Rudgren not in the R&R Hall of Fame? Injustice.

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@neonorchid opened the door to Todd Rudgren. Philly people gotta stick together. I can spend a lot of YouTube time watching "Live From Daryl's House" produced by Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates, more Philly people. Todd Rudgren joined Daryl for a couple of shows. Two personal favorite Todd tunes from LFDH, hey, I'm a Philly dude, as is @Philpug.
Seriously, Todd Rudgren not in the R&R Hall of Fame? Injustice.
My first concert was Arlo Guthrie at what was the Temple University Music Festival at the Ambler Campus. Todd Rudgren at the same venue was the second, my older sister took me to that one. We ran into one of my younger sisters friends from overnight camp who liked me but she would've had to have been 12 and I wasn't interested in the 12-year-olds at our summer camp, anyway, she had a growth spurt by the fall and was fully developed, centerfold developed! My older sister took one look at her and told me she'd never be interested in a little schmuntz like me! I was probably the smallest in my class, they called me munchkin. Late bloomer, didn't really grow until after high school, was so strange seeing classmates who were short but still taller then me from elementary thru high school looking like midgets!
Thank's @Livng Proof for elicting the memory!

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Recently spent a month off and on legally Audacity recording 213 Classic Rock tracks off Youtube videos for local device use. After metadata'ing to the max with 17 carefully sequenced playlists, are now on all my mp3 devices including my Clip+ I sometimes listen to skiing.

Reflecting on each of our unique music styles, out of 8 pages of videos on this thread, only 4 tracks are on my devices. Was familiar with only about half the songs and not all the groups maybe because I haven't paid attention to whatever new the last couple decades. Although I enjoy a wide range of music, more of what I recorded was hard rock or power ballads and as a SF Bay Area person from early 70s have seen it all live. And per the opening post I did record Starship Trooper and Yours Is No Disgrace.

So I'll offer a couple off my own list. Rolling Stones at their peak with Jagger about as close to actually dancing publicly as one will ever see in concert or on a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx2WRQLSIew

Scorpions toured into Oakland Oracle Arena recently October 4, 2017 and SSS rocked out to this instrumental:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cVWZlC0vKg

Last edited:

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Could Blondie be "Holdin On" if it was Low Tide? Maybe she could get help from The Paragon's

Last edited:

OldSchool47

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Could Blondie be "Holdin On" if it was Low Tide

Bo can still scratch the strings. Oh yea. Classic = Johnny Guitar

R-2726908-1298286522.jpeg.jpg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
What if Uriah was just a pile and not a Heep?

Sponsor

Staff online