• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Classic Rock YES! ( and others..) What are you listening to right now?

HB Shakespeare

Booting up
Skier
Better than dad's version.

"Her heritage was something of a burden for Rosanne during much of her life. As a youngster, she was teased by her classmates in Ventura, California for having a 'hillbilly' as a father. Rosanne resented when her dad tried to force her to learn one hundred country classics. She eventually came to accept her parental ties, although she refused to draw on them in her music career. " -- Source.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
RIP Lorrie Collins female rockabilly pioneer. This is going waaay back to mid-1950s. Brother Larry was rockin' a double necked guitar about 15 years before Jimmy Page:
More details on the Collins Kids, they could really sing and play: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/08/obituaries/lorrie-collins-dynamic-rockabilly-singer-is-dead-at-76.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/obituaries&action=click&contentCollection=obituaries&region=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=7&pgtype=sectionfront

Last edited:

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled

HB Shakespeare

Booting up
Skier
"He said, 'Drifter can ya make folks cry when you play and sing?
Have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues?
Can you bend them, guitar strings?'"
-- DAC​

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Let’s get this thread back to “classic rock”...

Not a huge fan of the who, but that was great. Two observations:

1. Keith Moon could drum. Still miss that dude.

2. Pete Townsend's dancing reminds me a bit of John Cleese doing a Monty Python skit. Luckily he rips on the guitar!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn't realize Prince (or the guy formerly known as...) was so strong on guitar!

Growing up in MN, got to see him a few times before he got all "Princed up". Astounding guitar player, and his band, The Revolution, STILL tears it up.

Bonham was amazing.....

Best syncopated drummer ever. See, for example, Nobody's Fault But Mine.

Damn!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"the big lake they called 'gitche gumee'"

I water skied several times on the St. Louis River near Spirit Mountain when I was young. I want the world to know.

And I learned to do planing windsurfing jibes in the same exact place in 1985, before taking that new-found ability to Hood River, OR!

Interesting Trivia: The mtb club in Duluth these days is called COGGS. You guessed it: Cyclists of the Gitchee Gumee Shores.

Sponsor

Staff online