• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cinco De Mayo Anyone?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Getting ready to call in an order to our favorite Mexican place for the family tonight.

I'm having Fajitas Texanos

Anyone else plan on supporting a local business tonight for a little Tex Mex cuisine?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
That's one thing we unfortunately don't have a lot of. Man I'm jealous of places where you have great Mexican cuisine. The run-down strip mall in Orlando where we got tacos from was far better than anything I've had up here!

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
That's one thing we unfortunately don't have a lot of. Man I'm jealous of places where you have great Mexican cuisine. The run-down strip mall in Orlando where we got tacos from was far better than anything I've had up here!
It is interesting that it is difficult to find good TexMex food. Late last summer I was in SoCal for a short time and I figured that if any place has good Mexican food it would be in SoCal. My wife and I plus two other couples went to some Mexican restaurant, four of the six people had horrible meals and the other two were only OK. I have had better Mexican food here in NJ, although not tonight no Mexican food today. We just didn't get into it today.

scott43

Skier
Yeah we dug a bit for a legit place, small and not a chain..it was very let's say rustic.. :ogbiggrin: But the food was great, basically a kitchen, great pozole, empanadas, tacos. We have more Colombian restaurants than Mexican restaurants, and they're not so bad either.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Chips and salsa for a snack.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dinner with my wife, daughter, son in law and four grandkids............American style tacos and margaritas. Especially now, doesn't get much better than this.....................

scott43

Skier
Oh, I had leftover taco slop in a noodle-kadoodle casserole with a generous heaping of Valentina's Extra Hot.. :ogbiggrin: Hola amigos!

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Completely forgot till my daughter texted at 8:30 ... should of at least poured a Margarita but felt I just missed it.

dang. Maybe I'll have a Novena de mayo this Saturday!

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
We couldn’t get a Mexican restaurant to pickup yesterday. Good thing we only wanted an appetizer as we had our own food planned - margaritas, Mexican style salads and guilt free chocolate mousse (made with silken tofu) spiced with cinnamon and ancho Chile powder. 1F9C43DB-E988-431B-9CAB-2C3F6332591A.jpeg 260BD54D-E685-40C8-92CF-BC99CEBC56B2.jpeg F532BB3B-545C-4B32-BDCC-32D25E996AFB.jpeg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
It was homemade chicken tacos, Costco pork tamales, and a mango margarita on the back porch. Always happy to celebrate the Mexican army winning a battle, so long as we don't have to go anywhere. A great evening for it.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SoCal does have great Mexican food.

These days there are lots of good Mexican restaurants in the east as well.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
SoCal does have great Mexican food.

These days there are lots of good Mexican restaurants in the east as well.
You probably are correct, I just wish I had that experience.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I moved out to SoCal, mid '70's - early '80's and still have fond memories of several family run Mexican places. My only previous experiences with "Mexican" food growing up in CT were what I hesitate to call tacos at home... basically sloppy Joes on a hard, stale, grocery store taco shell.

The town in NY where I live now has ethnic grocery stores and restaurants from, I think, every Central American and South American country. Our favorite little local joint is a blend of Mexican and Peruvian called Incazteca.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@VickieH

Happy Novena de Mayo.

Had a couple of margaritas, one for you and one for me!

Now some wine.

Sponsor

Staff online