• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Cherry peak - top that !

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Some intro. 1. I like the lesser knowns. 2. I don't get to ski very much anymore. 3. first trip report on pug....

Visiting my daughter in Cache County and we decided to go to Cherry Peak. She normally goes to Beaver Mountain every couple of weeks so this was new for both of us. Cherry Peak only opened a few years ago and there is a short YouTube video with the guy that owns it. Right now this is a nice little area - 1 lodge, 1 magic, 3 triples, and a little over 1200 vert. But... it's Utah ... so the snow is great and the terrain is wide open. I never saw any indication an area boundary, just keep going left or right until you decide to turn around. The location is just up a farm road from Richmond, very easy access. Lower elevation and near the northern tip of the Salt Lake so they have reported 154" vs Alta's 416" this week, but that was more than enough and conditions groomed and ungroomed were fab. Prices are cheap by any comparisons. If this was close to my house I would be completely happy. (ok, I live in North Carolina). Unfortunately the summit lift was not open due to a malfunctioning snowcat stuck on the main slope and the work in progress to free it- so now I have to go back.

This picture pretty much tells the story. You are looking at about half the terrain, more or less.
IMG_1798.JPG

TS
pipestem

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
so.... I went solo to Brighton today. First time there in about 8 years. Let's just say don't pass Brighton to go to Cherry :)

Brighton was mid-20s, mostly soft snow on the sidelines and between the slopes, and ski on the lift all day. Spent most of the day on Milli alternating between center right and far left.

Sponsor

Staff online