• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Checking in - new member from Bavaria

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome Stephan!

Where do you most like to ski in Europe? Have you ever skied in North America?

TS
StephanS.

StephanS.

Booting up
Skier
Actually I have no favourite destination in Europe. All areas are so different and I select it based on my actual preference and snow conditions.
  • Austria: Many nice big sking areas, but often also very crowded.
    • Ischgl: Very negative image, but very nice slopes and very good off piste conditions (it is by far not as crowded as the top freeride destinations in Austria- but pls. don´t tell any other europeans ;-) )
    • Sonnenkopf: Close to St.Anton. Very nice freeride location
    • Kappl
    • Fieberbrunn
    • many more....
  • Italy: Best locations for skiing with you family. Normally you can enjoy relaxed skiing on sunny days. Perfectly groomed slopes!! For me by far the best landscape in Europe.
    • Dolomiti Superski (Wolkenstein): Hughe area. Very easy slopes. You can ski long distances (I belive this is unique in the world). Great landscape and good food!
    • Cortina: Extraordinary landscape. By far not as big as Wolkenstein but very unique atmosphere (more italien style). I would not spend a week in this area, but for 1-2 days it is very nice (can be easily combined with Wolkenstein)
  • France: Huge ski resorts. Endless slopes.High altitude skiing compared to other European destinations.
    • Tignes/Val D´Isere (Espace Killy): For me best in France. Everything is possible in this Area.
    • Trois vallée: Biggest ski area, very nice as well but I prefer Tignes (Espace Killy)
  • Switzerland: Most expensive destinations in Europe. Often old fashioned and very slow infrastructure, but normally also less croweded than for example Austria.

And yes, I was skiing in North America as well :) . Up to now, only in USA, but I also want to go to Canada someday to experience a different area.
I wish I could do this much more often, but these kind of trips are very expensiv. For me it was always special and I enyojed the relaxed athmosphere (big difference to Europe), the perfect snow conditions and American food :).

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Herzlich Wilkommen Stephan, nice to see you here on the forum. Your post made me remember the time when I lived and worked in Munich for 4 years. My Bavarian co-workers and I would often drive down to Austria for the day or weekend and we skied in some of the resorts you mentioned. So many choices in Tirol and Vorarlberg. #greatmemories.

Servus

Matt

Mark-172

Alta or Brighton... hmm...
Skier
Viele Grüße ! Hope to get out to ski in Europe some time ! I'll save your post for a reference. I've wanted to ski Sölden since I watched the Bond film Spectre..
:)

Sponsor

Staff online