• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Central Massachusetts checking in

Chojinchef

Booting up
Skier
After 20 years off mountain for many reasons I really cannot fathom right now, I have taught my son to ski and we are back in the proverbial saddle. My better half has also been away from skiing since leaving Japan 10 years ago and is amazed how hard East coast snow can be (can you say frosted ice cube). Chef by profession - and likely one of the reasons I was away so long - Chefs work too much and are usually paid too little to continue extracurricular activities. Remember that when your dish is a little slow coming out of a restaurant kitchen during a busy night.

Former shop rat and manager at a number of Boston and Metrowest ski shops in my college days; a lot has changed, but then again much has not. I am the guy who would roll out of an old VW bus in the morning to catch first run, and still might as I still own that bus But now that I am north of 50, I have less impulsive silly notions like that.

Have skied all over at one point or another - France, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, and the US East and West coast.

Enjoying the site thus far as my equipment knowledge has lapsed over time. Thank you to the contributors.

See you on the slopes.

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
Although I grew up in northern VT I live about 30 miles west of Boston, am north of 50 also, and my husband and I came back to skiing a handful of years ago after a nearly 25 year absence. Welcome back!!

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Welcome. Weekends at Berkshire East are the best way to avoid crowds and get some great skiing in at a reasonable price.
I also ski Wachusett weekday mornings, when it's empty, if you ever want to make some turns.

Sponsor

Staff online