• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

CD and DVD Rack Made From Old Skis

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Came across this idea on Pinterest. Not the best photo, but you get the idea.
IMG_0236.JPG

If it were me I would anchor it to the wall.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Brilliant! Only problem-- what's a CD?

Exactly :). I don't really own CD's any longer. I've bought a few on discount in recent months but only because I can't find on download or I refuse to pay the iCult (itunes) any money so I find the CD cheap. My guy however, has boxes and boxes of CDs so it would be nice to display them somehow.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My guy is dying to take his straight skis out again. I need to find some older bindings that are old enough to be cheap but new enough to still be on the indemnification list. He was still skiing them when we met in 2010.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
What are his straight skis? What bindings?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Some old bindings are 'safe enough' for a reasonable run or two. I use some old Nevadas and N17s on old race skis. I have tested them and they perform well. Indemnification is very important, but if you are going to relive an old moment on skis, reasonably safe old bindings can really add to the experience. On the other hand, there is no harm in putting perfectly good modern bindings on old skis. It is a matter of risk and what you (or your husband) are willing to accept for nostalgia's sake.

As you can see, I tend to go whole hog on the vintage gear as do others on this site. ogsmile

20160610_091744(0)~01.jpeg

20160610_085959.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Some old bindings are 'safe enough' for a reasonable run or two. I use some old Nevadas and N17s on old race skis. I have tested them and they perform well. Indemnification is very important, but if you are going to relive an old moment on skis, reasonably safe old bindings can really add to the experience. On the other hand, there is no harm in putting perfectly good modern bindings on old skis. It is a matter of risk and what you (or your husband) are willing to accept for nostalgia's sake.

As you can see, I tend to go whole hog on the vintage gear as do others on this site. ogsmile

View attachment 29527

View attachment 29528

That's excellent. I love it. Rock on!!!! Michael has new boots so thinking we'd need a tech to adjust the bindings and that brought up the indemnification question. Ya got me thinking though. Maybe his BSL is the same and he can just click in and take a run or two. Stay tuned :)

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I'm happy to lend advice. Philpug is a font of information when it comes to old bindings, too. Be sure to post pictures of the gear. When we know more we can give better advice. Some old gear just deserves to be skied.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I'm happy to lend advice. Philpug is a font of information when it comes to old bindings, too. Be sure to post pictures of the gear. When we know more we can give better advice. Some old gear just deserves to be skied.

Sounds great. Michael LOVED/loves those skis. He's dying of curiosity how he'd feel about them now that he's been on new skis the past few years.

Next storage trip I'll pull out his skis and take a couple photos. You guys are AWESOME!!!

Last edited:
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Brilliant! Only problem-- what's a CD?
I haven't bought a cd for a decade (only buy from iTunes), but I have a lot from when I was young and single. Back during my MTV Headbangers Ball viewing days I bet I bought a cd every week.
IMG_0241.JPG

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 29527

View attachment 29528

I know I've seen that top photo on the All Things Dynamic page -- you should also add that bottom photo. Very cool!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January