• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Catchall Food Thread

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I made a lovely 15 minute sauted chicken breast with Ragu spaghetti sauce and rotini with a side green beans..paired with a lovely Oct 15, 2016 Labatt 50..mmmm....

stubby_beer_bottle_labatt_099.jpg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Okay, I did say "catchall," but I never thought it would come to this! And so quickly! :eek:

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Kidding. Next up, Rolling Rock.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
upload_2016-11-5_20-36-40.jpeg

Tonight's offering: Homemade ragu. Slowly braised for 4 hours local pasture raised beef shank, with same local farm's pork sausage, with sweet onions, carrots, white wine, spices. Then pan saute with a touch of light cream, and sweet peas. Rigatoni, cooked just before al dente, then added to the saute pan to finish with the ragu. Finished with some Regginano Parm, and pared with a nice Cab Franc from the Finger Lakes region of NY.

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-5_20-36-35.jpeg
    upload_2016-11-5_20-36-35.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 2

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I am so envious!! I want one so bad, but my woman is not so enthused. I am going to do it when i redo our patio.

Hope you get it. it is is a life changer. When you do, there is a very basic rule. Super super hot oven. Always flames while cooking, and no oil in the dough. I use sourdough and levain from the previous batch - very little commercial yeast, and 24 hs cold ferment . Crazy good.

The pizzas should cook in under 2 minutes (the oven sucks up any humidity right away).

Last edited:

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
dXkAB2m.jpg

My first attempt at a Pecan Pie. I'm not sure about the crust as it's gluten free, but the filling is delicious (it uses coconut sugar and maple syrup in place of corn syrup/refined sugar)

Sponsor

Staff online