Catchall Food Thread

Tony S

thread drift a specialty
Skier
Nicoise-y salad and pasta with olives tonight. Doesn't look like what it is: "icebox clean out."

20160929_192832.jpg

TS
Tony S

Tony S

thread drift a specialty
Skier
Okay, I did say "catchall," but I never thought it would come to this! And so quickly! :eek:

TS
Tony S

Tony S

thread drift a specialty
Skier
Kidding. Next up, Rolling Rock.

Scruffy

Out on the slopes
Skier
upload_2016-11-5_20-36-40.jpeg

Tonight's offering: Homemade ragu. Slowly braised for 4 hours local pasture raised beef shank, with same local farm's pork sausage, with sweet onions, carrots, white wine, spices. Then pan saute with a touch of light cream, and sweet peas. Rigatoni, cooked just before al dente, then added to the saute pan to finish with the ragu. Finished with some Regginano Parm, and pared with a nice Cab Franc from the Finger Lakes region of NY.

Attachments

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
I am so envious!! I want one so bad, but my woman is not so enthused. I am going to do it when i redo our patio.
Hope you get it. it is is a life changer. When you do, there is a very basic rule. Super super hot oven. Always flames while cooking, and no oil in the dough. I use sourdough and levain from the previous batch - very little commercial yeast, and 24 hs cold ferment . Crazy good.

The pizzas should cook in under 2 minutes (the oven sucks up any humidity right away).

Last edited:

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier

My first attempt at a Pecan Pie. I'm not sure about the crust as it's gluten free, but the filling is delicious (it uses coconut sugar and maple syrup in place of corn syrup/refined sugar)

Advertisement