• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat - NOT in a box.

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
We were actually trying to harness train the youngest Devon Rex this winter. Still totally overwhelmed by cars and odd moving things though she likes the snow well enough.

Last edited:

Warp Daddy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Had a Wegie named Teefster was an awesome boy , thought he was a dog , best cat ever!! Sucker loved to play in the snow
image.jpeg

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
No picture I'm afraid. It happened about 40-45 years ago. Hot summer night. Cat (a calico named Tabby - go figure) sleeping on the foot of li'l brother's bed (he was about 16-18 at the time). Poster falls off of wall near where cat is sleeping. Cat is startled and heads out in opposite direction, loses traction on li'l brother's hot, sweaty back. Regains traction by doing a fire burnout on li'l brother's hot, sweaty back.

I experienced the event thusly - awakened by "rustleMEOWRRRRRrrrrrrAAAAAAAAAAAH"!!!

Last edited:

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Yep, he's never liked cats after that, and when he had pets, they were dogs.

A number of years after that, I developed allergies to dogs, cats, and a bunch of other stuff. Animal dander and some pollen makes my eyeballs swell. In spite of that, over the years, three different stray cats adopted us, though we never let them into the house so I wouldn't have to live on Benadryl.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
We were actually trying to harness train the youngest Devon Rex this winter. Still totally overwhelmed by cars and odd moving things though she likes the snow well enough.
Ever since you got a Devon Rex, I've been expecting a post about their behavior. Now you have two? Got pictures?

TS
cantunamunch

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ever since you got a Devon Rex, I've been expecting a post about their behavior. Now you have two? Got pictures?

Lost two since COVID. Now it's just #3 Pestilence and #4 Snort (short for Boogersnort) whose pic you saw in the other thread.

They're different. From each other.

Cranky Frankie was a lap cuddle and shoulder cat who also refused to chase laser or shoelace (????) but had 30-minute rituals about letting you into or out of the house. Incredibly messy, would scatter her food, her water and her litter in wide swaths around the designated location.

Coco Bear (Hokusai reference) was a quiet, out-of-the way cat who LOVED laser and shoelace and supervising - but from 3 feet away. Didn't want you anywhere near her. She also loved playing King of the Castle - we'd get into 20 minute tapping battles over the tallest cupboard she could hop onto, and she'd cry if I didn't want to play. Incredibly tidy. I mean even if she was mad at you for leaving her too long and pooping on the floor it was in tidy little heaps with litter around them :D :D

Pestilence is an attention-hogging cuddle cat who perches everywhere except your shoulders. Monitors laser rather than chasing it. She has (LOUD) rituals about letting you go to bed (did you check her mouse? did you check the front door? did you check her little crinkle blanket? ) If her goal is to be with you she will wait for vocal permission but if she wants to get past you to perch on your super-hot monitors, expect claws in your thigh. Another one of the messy ones. She and Coco had a water bowl contest for most absurdity, so now there is a permanent secondary water bowl next to the big aquarium - so both of them could drink hanging upside down from the tank. Don't even bother trying to understand.

Snort ...well, TBD.

Sponsor

Staff online