• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
How about cat in a cone

Tiki got into something and then proceeded to lick and chew the hell out of his paw. Kitty cone was too small as he was still able to get to his paw. Enter the larger dog cone. Success.

IMG_20190718_073559_074.jpg
20190718_232047.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
How about cat in a cone

Tiki got into something and then proceeded to lick and chew the hell out of his paw. Kitty cone was too small as he was still able to get to his paw. Enter the larger dog cone. Success.

View attachment 77368 View attachment 77370

Aw, glad it's working. I had to put Oscar in a massive cone a few times - she was too dang flexible! Then it was too heavy, so it would scrape along the ground and terrify her. She once got what was probably a tiny piece of fiberglass in her paw. The paw swelled to twice its normal size, and she needed surgery to remove it.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Aw, glad it's working. I had to put Oscar in a massive cone a few times - she was too dang flexible! Then it was too heavy, so it would scrape along the ground and terrify her. She once got what was probably a tiny piece of fiberglass in her paw. The paw swelled to twice its normal size, and she needed surgery to remove it.

Awww Oscar.... poor baby.... She sounded like she was one cool cat.

The cones are indeed heavy. As it is with the heavier doggy cone he now walks with this swagger. He's feeling better because he was so lovey last night when I went to sleep. Vet thinks he stepped into something and then he just picked at it. I was reading that cats can lick, etc due to nerves too and we are gone a lot so I'm getting him a calming collar and happy spray stuff to plug into the wall. I'm also getting some paw spray that doesn't taste good for when it's healed in case he decides to go to town again. I give him antihistamine because of his allergies but I switched from clariton to benedryl while he's healing from this as I figured if he was lounging around being tired he'd be less likely to gnaw/lick his paw. This cat... he's only 2 and it's on adventure a year. At least they aren't life threatening. things.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'm getting him a calming collar and happy spray stuff to plug into the wall.

Feliway did wonders for Oscar. She would lie right under the diffuser and just meatloaf and purrrrrrr.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Sad to report that our kitty has suffered an untimely death. Ironically, she died doing what she loved, which was hunting. Unfortunately she had eradicated our side of the street of critters and had to go across the street to find prey. She was very affectionate and gentle with people and barley weighed 10 pounds soaking wet. She will be missed.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Sad to report that our kitty has suffered an untimely death. Ironically, she died doing what she loved, which was hunting. Unfortunately she had eradicated our side of the street of critters and had to go across the street to find prey. She was very affectionate and gentle with people and barley weighed 10 pounds soaking wet. She will be missed.

I'm so sorry.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier

Oh no...................... I'm sorry...............

:hug:

Sponsor