• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Pacino peed everywhere when he was sick. He was good though because I put wee wee pads all over the place and he went on those so thankfully he wasn't constantly looking for somewhere else to go. Yay for multi pack of wee wee pads at BJ's Warehouse.

This was actually what got us wondering what was going on with our girl. She started going outside her litter box some which led to the blood test and the thyroid diagnosis. She looks young in the picture but she’s actually a little over 14 years old. According to the vet, other than the issues I mentioned she’s in really good health. She’s the sweetest cat ever. They laughed at her at the vet, snuggling with the techs, the doctors and even a random Lab that was there for shots.

Our oldest cat is 17 and other than the fact she sleeps a little more now, you would never guess she’s that old. The youngest is about 2 and she’s just a mess...lol.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Outside looking in...

original.jpg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
This was actually what got us wondering what was going on with our girl. She started going outside her litter box some which led to the blood test and the thyroid diagnosis. She looks young in the picture but she’s actually a little over 14 years old. According to the vet, other than the issues I mentioned she’s in really good health. She’s the sweetest cat ever. They laughed at her at the vet, snuggling with the techs, the doctors and even a random Lab that was there for shots.

Our oldest cat is 17 and other than the fact she sleeps a little more now, you would never guess she’s that old. The youngest is about 2 and she’s just a mess...lol.

Awwww. True what they say when the kitty goes outside the box there's a reason. She does look so young. Glad she's a big fan at the vet. Hope she feels better soon. True about the older guys too. Our Brando is 10 and so sweet and zero issues. Right on the young ones too. Tiki is 2 and a half and while all his issues are small they aren't without expense as he gets food allergy reactions to his mouth, itchy paw syndrome and cat acne............ I swear................. We've got it all under control now but not without near a grand contributed to the vet's practice lol.....

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Awwww. True what they say when the kitty goes outside the box there's a reason. She does look so young. Glad she's a big fan at the vet. Hope she feels better soon. True about the older guys too. Our Brando is 10 and so sweet and zero issues. Right on the young ones too. Tiki is 2 and a half and while all his issues are small they aren't without expense as he gets food allergy reactions to his mouth, itchy paw syndrome and cat acne............ I swear................. We've got it all under control now but not without near a grand contributed to the vet's practice lol.....

Cat acne - is that a granuloma? Oscar got those, and a steroid shot would help whenever it flared.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Cat acne - is that a granuloma? Oscar got those, and a steroid shot would help whenever it flared.

He gets acne under his chin. He's got the rodent ulcers on his lip that we can keep under control if I keep him out of Mouse and Brando's wet food but he's currently got some skin agida under his fur under his chin. I've got some Vetericyn spray that I'm going to start spraying on it. Vet isn't hip on frequent steroid shots. She gave him the pill initially when we were still trying to figure out what was causing the rodent ulcers but now that we have that under control and have the vetericyn she's hesitant to keep giving him the steroid. Perhaps because he's so young?

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
He gets acne under his chin. He's got the rodent ulcers on his lip that we can keep under control if I keep him out of Mouse and Brando's wet food but he's currently got some skin agida under his fur under his chin. I've got some Vetericyn spray that I'm going to start spraying on it. Vet isn't hip on frequent steroid shots. She gave him the pill initially when we were still trying to figure out what was causing the rodent ulcers but now that we have that under control and have the vetericyn she's hesitant to keep giving him the steroid. Perhaps because he's so young?

In Oscar's case, it was only once or twice a year, so maybe a different situation.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
All this vet talk makes me glad I have health insurance for 4 out of our 5(they wouldn’t insure an 18 yo) through Trupanion. I’m pretty sure they have better coverage than my wife or I do.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Capture.PNG

Reading glasses, driving glasses, sunglasses, TV glasses, needle-threading glasses, ...

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
upside down box

Stray Cat Project
September 25
Let's talk about keeping food dry and water clean in the fall and winter. We love these DIY feeding stations, built from a large clear tote.
They are easy access for both you and the kitties and provide the cats a way to ensure that no predators sneak up on them.
The plexiglass overhang -- which you can see if you look closely -- is genius as a way of ensuring no water enters the opening and the kitties stay dry. #TNR #feralfeedingstation

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January