• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
C9509C53-C9E8-404C-B526-0D9F47A5805E.jpeg

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I really wanted Koda but Michael finally said he really liked the name mouse. I pick and choose my battles :).
Definitely. Did you have a battle getting him in the house? This is #4? Jim would NOT be happy - although I doubt Rascal would be, either. How on earth do you get them all to live together peacefully?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Definitely. Did you have a battle getting him in the house? This is #4? Jim would NOT be happy - although I doubt Rascal would be, either. How on earth do you get them all to live together peacefully?

No it's number 3. We lost Pacino to lymphoma in April. After a few weeks I contacted the rescue group where we got Tiki last year. She had some kittens and bam. I had 3 cats when I met Michael so that seems to be our established number. I picked up the little guy, brought him home and emailed Michael pictures while he was at work. He wasn't happy for a few days but within no time at all he's got an opinion on what his name should be lol. The integration was ridiculously easy. They all just got along right away. No hissing or anything. Tiki who's a year and Mouse immediately fell into chasing each other and wrestling 24 hours a day. Brando who's 9 i think was relieved to have a break. Tiki used to go after/play with Brando all the time. Brandos now going phew the youngins can play. They act like they've been together for years.

IMG_20180601_152921_916.jpg
123_1_16.jpeg

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
No it's number 3. We lost Pacino to lymphoma in April. After a few weeks I contacted the rescue group where we got Tiki last year. She had some kittens and bam. I had 3 cats when I met Michael so that seems to be our established number. I picked up the little guy, brought him home and emailed Michael pictures while he was at work. He wasn't happy for a few days but within no time at all he's got an opinion on what his name should be lol. The integration was ridiculously easy. They all just got along right away. No hissing or anything. Tiki who's a year and Mouse immediately fell into chasing each other and wrestling 24 hours a day. Brando who's 9 i think was relieved to have a break. Tiki used to go after/play with Brando all the time. Brandos now going phew the youngins can play. They act like they've been together for years.

View attachment 47033 View attachment 47034
Oh ok, for some reason I thought you had already gotten Pacino's successor and Mouse was an additional.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Oh ok, for some reason I thought you had already gotten Pacino's successor and Mouse was an additional.

Ah ok no. I promised Michael no more than 3. Brando is 9 and seemingly healthy so hopefully we'll have several more years. I'm ready for a break from kittendome for a while :). Having a kitten and a 1 year old is tiring haha

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ah ok no. I promised Michael no more than 3. Brando is 9 and seemingly healthy so hopefully we'll have several more years. I'm ready for a break from kittendome for a while :). Having a kitten and a 1 year old is tiring haha
Lol, my sister has a sibling set that just turned one and she's sworn that they are the last kittens she's going to have. We got Rascal when she was four, I think,and that was just fine.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Lol, my sister has a sibling set that just turned one and she's sworn that they are the last kittens she's going to have. We got Rascal when she was four, I think,and that was just fine.

Prior to Tiki I hadn't had a kitten since Brando and Pacino were babies. Having Tiki as a kitten was a handful. However, now that we have mouse and Tiki it's crazy. I was grateful to have Mouse and Tiki bond like they have but the downside is they play and wrestle all the time starting at around 5am which they insist on doing in the bedroom. I've been up since 5am and am tired............. so tired. I love them but oy................................ Nothing wrong with adopting a cat when they are a little older. I adopted my Kobie when she was 5, it was lovely.

Sponsor