• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cat in a box

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Monique you did a lot more than most people would have done(I have several friends heavily involved with animal rescue and I can just about guarantee I'd have a record as a violent felon if I encountered some of the people that they have told me about). We brought an older male into our house as a companion for our 16+ yr old female(Spooky) after our dog passed but they fought terribly and we had to keep the male separated until Spooky passed, a year or so later. We also had to give up another cat because he wasn't getting along with our others so was terrified, miserable and not using the litter pan. It turned out he had medical issues our(former) vet missed/neglected that were contributing to the behavior but he was still happier in his new home both before and after the issues were resolved. I still feel guilty but I know he is in a better environment. We currently have a total of 5 that, amazingly, all get along great.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Thank you.

I found this photo while going through the backlog, looking for photos of Eric. He took this one of Oscar and me reading "together." Obviously she wasn't *that* feral.

I also note our "decor" hasn't changed much from those early years. This would have been before we got married.

oscar_and_me_reading_in_bed_with_light_on.jpg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thank you.

I found this photo while going through the backlog, looking for photos of Eric. He took this one of Oscar and me reading "together." Obviously she wasn't *that* feral.

I also note our "decor" hasn't changed much from those early years. This would have been before we got married.

View attachment 43106
This is me almost every morning. Any time I try to sleep late I am greeted by at least 3 sets of eyes glaring at me because they are "starving" because I haven't given them fresh food in more than 6hrs.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This is me almost every morning. Any time I try to sleep late I am greeted by at least 3 sets of eyes glaring at me because they are "starving" because I haven't given them fresh food in more than 6hrs.

She just liked to hang out on top of me while I read. Note she's not glaring at me - she's just kind of sprawled.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We lost pacino today. His little body couldn't take the lymphoma any longer. He was one special boy with whom 8 1/2 years wasn't enough. I was honored to love him for every second of it all. His brother Brando had been looking foy him. Thankfully we have Tiki to distract him. I love you Pacino man, you will be missed. Pacino loved to craw into boxes and sit in baskets.

Here's a little collage I created.

2018-04-10_09.49.08.jpg

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oh, sorry to see this post. Cuddle your other kitties close and take comfort in their purrs.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

CrystalRose

Putting on skis
Skier
Wow, you are lucky your kitties will snuggle with each other! Whenever I have more than one cat they only tolerate each other. Sometimes you think, " Aww look, they are grooming each other!", and it's just a prelude to the fight:rolleyes:.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Wow, you are lucky your kitties will snuggle with each other! Whenever I have more than one cat they only tolerate each other. Sometimes you think, " Aww look, they are grooming each other!", and it's just a prelude to the fight:rolleyes:.

Don't be fooled by this picture. I think they were just consoling each other. Tiki (kitten on right) who now outweighs Brando (kitty on left) is normally a little ahole bully boy who thinks nothing of running and jumping on Brando at any moment. They usually are wrestling and snuggles are very rare. That's usually how it is with Tiki, he'll jump into the heated kitty bed when brando's in there and you go 1, 2, 3, ok sweet moment over. Tiki will usually groom brando but it's usually the sweet moment before I'm going to start biting your neck and jump on you. Brando is usually running away from Tiki. Everyone once in a while he'll have enough and will just bitch slap Tiki which is always fun to watch.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
With dogs, grooming can be a dominance move. Betting it's the same with cats.

Sponsor