• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

CarTailor Floor Mats

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Has anyone every heard of these? They almost look like a luxury version of WeatherTech with thier designs.

Bildschirmfoto2020-06-01um15.26.20_1080x.png

trieu

Putting on skis
Skier
I have a leather set from Ebay(direct from China) - and while it looks really nice for my SUV, the one from Tuxmat(tuxmat.ca) was far superior. The one from Ebay was a more general fit, while Tuxmat was a perfect fit. I believe they laser scan the interior. In addition - they cover the whole area- from the wheel wells, around the rails, and even the vertical rise on the back seat bench. Any new cars that I purchase in the future will have Tuxmat. Oh - and the cleaning of it is snap. Just vacuum, and wipe down.

You can search for a youtube video of someone cleaning their Tesla model 3 Tuxmat after a few months of winter.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am thinking it will be easier getting Gypsy's fine fur out of these than the carpeting of the Alltrack.

trieu

Putting on skis
Skier
True. I can't speak for the snowy conditions since I"m in SoCal, but I had them for 3 years in my daily driver/family car. You can imagine the abuse it gets from two young kids - the dirt / grim from everywhere(school blacktops, dirt paths, etc) - and they look just fine with no noticeable wear and tear.

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
i don't have either of these, i have the 3dmax spider but I think some of the things trieu points out is valid
The cartailor looks like a VIP customization for 3season users but the tuxmat look like its designed for actual winter use.

As we all know, the snow/slush from weird parking lots often dries white and grey from the salts. In the cartailor there arent any ridges to maintain the liquid or provide grip. And the use of decorative stitching forms the very shallow valleys where all the liquid gathers and potentially will get colored/ruined vs true winter floormat options. They do say there's a layer of memory foam too for cushion, another concession for luxury vs winter use.

If you like these as VIP patterns it does seem like the way to get cushioned leather as a new unique design away from boring carpet/plastic/rubber. I think they'll be fine and be cleaner than carpet but I don't think they'll hold up very well for winter use.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Never mind winter use - can you imagine going OUCH OUCH OUCH with the black leather floor AND seats after a nice summer kayak sesh?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I am thinking it will be easier getting Gypsy's fine fur out of these than the carpeting of the Alltrack.
Moving blanket over the seats and floor. Cheap, full coverage, and disposable if necessary.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Moving blanket over the seats and floor. Cheap, full coverage, and disposable if necessary.
Not a fan of blankets on the floor under brake and accelerator pedals.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Not a fan of blankets on the floor under brake and accelerator pedals.
I thought you meant in the back. That's where all the dog hair in the truck ends up.

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I am a big fan of ToughPro mats. They stay soft and pliable even in cold weather. Laser cut for an exact fit in your car and pretty much indescructable :)