• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Car Movies

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
1970s version of Gone in 60 Seconds. I went to see it with a bunch friends on my birthday the summer it came out.

I'd also consider Better Off Dead almost as much of a car movie as it is a ski movie..

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
No love for Smokey & the Bandit(s) yet?

If you had to ask most kids of a certain generation what America was like it would be that and the Dukes of Hazzard.

Most critically distinct car movies/tv

Taxi Driver/ Taxi

neither of which the cars had much of a role but were central to the conceit

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

If you had to ask most kids of a certain generation what America was like it would be that and the Dukes of Hazzard.

Most critically distinct car movies/tv

Taxi Driver/ Taxi

neither of which the cars had much of a role but were central to the conceit
The original Smokey and the Bandit was good especially for what it was.

How about Back to the Future? The whole thing was based around a time traveling DeLorean.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

My CB handle was Silver Bandit..

TBT early 80s..

12241518_1174954645853405_485656899049292040_n.jpg

Blew the little V8 in that and bought a used sickly modified brown 6.6 Trans Am.. True story.. Wish I had photos of the 6.6.. Body was pretty roached though. Ran like a BEAST though..

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I once had a gold '67 Impala. It was the other of the two cars I ever owned that would climb any grade in Colorado in high gear without downshifting, and then descend the other side in second gear without ever touching the brake. The '67 Impala was also the subject of an urban legend having to do with a JATO rocket and the Arizona desert.

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
A few more - Dazed and Confused, Used Cars, Sugarland Express, The Transporter (series), Ronin, The French Connection, The Seven Ups, Good Fellas, Pulp Fiction,
Reservoir Dogs, Blues Bothers

Sponsor