• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Candide Thovex Day 3 video

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I like his lift back up at the end. Presumably to do the run again?

Jon

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Industry Insider
Saw this earlier, totally insane. I think my favorite part is the horse hijaking:eek:

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Am I the only one who thinks that it was too much this time? The first movie felt very organic, you could almost believe that it was just a GoPro footage. This one feels totally staged (yes, amazing tricks, but clearly stitched together from multiple tries and those snow lines that end up in perfectly shaped take-off ramps- of course they are everywhere in French Alps, this just the way the snow melts there... ). And the horse hijacking was total duchebaggery.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yep. Completely fun. Loved the horse bit as well. Candide's One Of These days series is staged and staged pretty well if you ask me. Does this one have a lot more edits-yes. Is it amazing, creative, inventive, wacky and impossible - yes!

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Slightly insane.

Wow. This is insane.

I bet it has a LOT more, pre, production and of course post-production work than most people realize. Yes, this includes a lot of editing and compositing including most likely incorporating 3D elements.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I especially liked the jump over the road with the bike race underneath. I'm guessing that was the Giro d'Italia, but can't figure out which mountain pass that was. Go Wiggo, indeed! :golfclap:

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I especially liked the jump over the road with the bike race underneath. I'm guessing that was the Giro d'Italia, but can't figure out which mountain pass that was. Go Wiggo, indeed! :golfclap:

His is filming this in France so no, that was not the Giro. Actually it's completely staged, usually those big races have a loy more people on the road and they would never let a skier jump over them. So totally fake.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
His is filming this in France so no, that was not the Giro. Actually it's completely staged, usually those big races have a loy more people on the road and they would never let a skier jump over them. So totally fake.

Well, the Stelvio pass (highest pass in any of the Grand Tours) is on the border of France and Italy, I'm thinking that's where this was shot. With all the snow there really wasn't any way for spectators to get up there let along park and camp. Plus, several people have jumped stages of the Tour on mountain bikes so somebody throwing a ski jump over the Giro riders wouldn't be out of the question...

I guess we're just going to have to track down Candide (or one of his camera people) and ask!

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I think the second one was his best. It flows the best and feels the most authentic because of it, at least from where I see it.

Sponsor

Staff online