• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic Canaan Valley WV

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We used to ski there when we were stuck in DC many moons ago. Nice place looking good!

TS
jimmy

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
I remember.

When Timberline and Canaan Valley Resort are firing on all cylinders they make for a pretty nice combination, enough variety for a week long ski vacation. I am tired of worrying about the situation at Timberline; while we wait for Timberline's situation to resolve, I am going to focus on what Canaan is doing right. There is still a lot of great skiing in the valley. CVR has fun terrain, nice facilities, a GREAT Snow Sports School ;) and a bunch of new terrain opening over the next few days. Did I mention freshies for Christmas?

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There is nothing wrong with CV at all. I agree when both resorts are open it spuces things up but CV can hold it’s own. We made plenty of group trips there when the kids were younger and everyone always had a blast. FWIW, the folks that work there at both the lodge and mountain as well as the management are top notch imo.

Johnfmh

Johnfmh
Skier
Good times. I skied CV From 22-24 Dec. Excellent early season conditions and 4 inches of new snow on the 24th was a bonus.

TS
jimmy

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
WE NEED COLD AIR!!! Canaan held up very well over the Holiday. The skiing was good and the niar didn't do too much damage, high winds Monday night were hard on things though. Conditions this week will be hard to predict. They hadn't closed any snowmaking terrain as of when I left yesterday and they planned to make some snow last night. Looks possible that they will be able to make some snow at night this coming week but that will just be maintenance and they plan to start snow making to get a base on Ramble. They won't be opening any new terrain this week but they just might keep what they have open.

RichieRich

Booting up
Skier
Found this place after banned by dcski douche.

LOL Say anything negative about anyplace that "sponsors" (as it will) them and you'll be banned!! LOL Somehow...Bill Rock got my personal phone number and CALLED me about a negative review re SS on that site!?!?!?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
ScottyB, gone for a while, but not forgotten:daffy:
1364260273_pic1.jpg

TS
jimmy

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey glad you found us. I logged off over there a few weeks ago and can’t remember my password. Been to the shoe once this year, working at Canaan, life is good. See you downtown.

Yo jimmah!

Found this place after banned by dcski douche.

Been hitting up the shoe, hope you are well!

Happy New year!

Kemperski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Altho I left my frickin skis leaning on the base patrol lodge, they've got them safe and sound, guess I'll be returning, not that there was any question of that

Sponsor

Staff online