• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Buying skis + bindings online

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
okay, since Ski Essentials is out go I'd say go with LevelNineSports or Powder7.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
ASOGear / Corbetts is really easy to deal with. I've had great CS from them and they've honored pricing errors that were certainly in my favor.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Did you demo from a shop, or from the rep? If it was a shop demo, call them and tell them your predicament. They will likely handle it and ship you the skis.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Also, where is your next vacation at? If it's at or near a major resort, you could likely buy a pair at a local dealer over the phone and have them mount and prep, then do final binding adjustments and release check when you arrive.

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Also, where is your next vacation at? If it's at or near a major resort, you could likely buy a pair at a local dealer over the phone and have them mount and prep, then do final binding adjustments and release check when you arrive.
Or call the shop you would have do the local final work and see if you can buy through them. Tell them your situation and see what they will do for you. You have to figure out who is best to go to for the final adjustments anyway, why not consider giving them the whole sale?

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've also bought skis from ASOGear- a pair of Head Rock n Rolls, discontinued and likely the last pair in my size anywhere. It was a good experience.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Or call the shop you would have do the local final work and see if you can buy through them. Tell them your situation and see what they will do for you. You have to figure out who is best to go to for the final adjustments anyway, why not consider giving them the whole sale?

That's what I was unclear about indicating, local being at the resort area. They can sell over the phone, get the skis prepped and mounted with BSL data, then just finish adjustments upon pickup.

TS
Keys2Ski

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Seldomski, I would love to know which Sun and Ski that was? they did my daughters years ago and the din release was so far off she is lucky that she didn't blow out a knee. one ski was set at 2 and the other at 9
That’s awful

TS
Keys2Ski

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier

AFAIK, the Camox Birdie didn't change except for a different topsheet since last year. Ask a rep on Black Crows website to confirm that. Then order last years model to save some $$$.
Actually the 2020’s are a bit different. Also looking for 156. Thanks :)

TS
Keys2Ski

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier
This is more than likely the route I will take

TS
Keys2Ski

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Did you demo from a shop, or from the rep? If it was a shop demo, call them and tell them your predicament. They will likely handle it and ship you the skis.
Demo was done at Alta ski shop. I will not buy a demo ski, just like I will not buy a rental car especially sight unseen months later(I’m sure most ski shops won’t sell their demos until spring)anyway I went back into the shop on my last day, and they do not sell skis up there. Perhaps another phone call is necessary to see if my rental cost could go towards the purchase price at one of their affiliate shops and go from there. I won’t be returning to Utah this year unfortunately, so that still leaves me with mounting the bindings...guess another couple days to purchase and mount skis is the best option

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a call into a local shop to see if we can hunt it down for you.
I have a good feeling :D
She ran into a dead end for that size...162 yes though.

TS
Keys2Ski

Keys2Ski

Getting on the lift
Skier
She ran into a dead end for that size...162 yes though.
Hmmm I’ll may have to demo that size before committing ...I’ve seen them on other sites (evo, granite chief, alpinsonething in Europe and of course black crows) So I just have to figure out a strategy

Sponsor

Staff online