• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Buying my first skis..

pykie87

Booting up
Skier
With a 2.5 hour drive to the nearest ski resort, I won’t get to go often.. I hope to get 3-4 more days this season.

2.5 hours?!

That’s a dream over here. The closest ski fields to Melbourne are around 5 hours and the NSW ski fields are a 5.5-6 hour drive from Sydney.

Lots of people do weekend trips regularly.

TS
B

Brian Witty

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Unfortunately I am back on the market, the bindings system (track bindings) do not allow for a foot as large as mine...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Unfortunately I am back on the market, the bindings system (track bindings) do not allow for a foot as large as mine...
Most adult system bindings go out to 380mm...which is about a 33.5..the 30.5 that you are in should be well with in range.

TS
B

Brian Witty

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
The Fischer rs9 bindings stopped at 347mm my boot was 358. I skied the volkl deacon 74 this past weekend in a 168.. they were freakin awesome.. I also skied the RTMs, didn’t like them much, it felt like if I really dug into them my tails were skidding when I didn’t want them to. I felt like the deacons were not even as close to as forgiving as the RTMs, but I’m the type that likes equipment that rewards me for doing well, and gives me negative feedback when I’m not... I felt like the deacons did that.. when I was lazy, I got punished, when I was focused and aggressive, they did exactly what I asked them to do. I’m not an experienced skier and probably not a good skier, but this is how I felt about them... I’m guessing the Fischer’s not fitting may have been a blessing in disguise...

Edited trying to decide if it was the deacon 74 or 76... I’m thinking it was the 74.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online