• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bumps for older skiers (V2) Hopefully the vid works this time

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier

Nope, vid didn't post. Must have to be signed in to vimeo. Worth a look if you have a vimeo account.

Typical image from vid:
BumpBros.JPG

The Bump Brothers, Beaver Mountain, UT.
Ages: 60+ (apparently)
Ski type: they don't care
Fun factor: warp speed
Comment: running us out of excuses.

Last edited:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I don't know is on third.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Cool vid.

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
^^^ Yeah, cool vid.

I don't have an Vimeo account but I can view it.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Great seeing other older skiers that are still skiing recreational moguls for the exhilaration and fun, thanks for the link.

Would expect there are more 60+ older skiers out there still skiing rec moguls than most would expect and some are on this board. Thus would bet one can see a few at most long time resorts still moving smoothly through moguls where there are nearby larger mountain towns. That noted it is also true that there are significant percentages of older former competent mogul skiers that are otherwise still ski enthusiasts, that no longer ski bumps because they eventually damaged their knees or their bodies declined due to age related degenerative factors. That is probably more the case for those that focused on competition style mogul skiing because the speed and hucking air factors result in greater forces. Much also has to do with DNA of course.

If one does any potentially dangerous athletic activity long enough, the chances injuries may eventually occur have a way of happening as any gambler well knows. A reality in this mortal fleshly universe is all we skiers will eventually grow too old to ski as any centenarian can relate. But until that day arrives the wisdom of use it or lose it applies that can work to extend those years and the enjoyments of life. Beyond skiing I see surprising numbers of fit older mountain hikers and backpackers still out enjoying their game that uses similar body structures.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd wager most skiers over 60 were skiing back in the day when moguls were pretty unavoidable on a lot of blue and black terrain.... unless they started skiing in the 1990s or later. So, you're going to see a lot of us geezers who can still make their way through them quite proficiently depending on overall physical condition. That last part is what slows me down there and the rest of the mountain where a little extra energy is required to get through stuff.

Sponsor

Staff online