• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Than Tricia this is super helpful. Plan now is to demo as much as we can while in Banff and within my wife’s comfort zone which I think will be 3 skis.
Report back!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Blizzard Sheeva 10 or Atomic Backland 102.

Another vote for putting the Sheeva 10 on the list. My wife loves hers, and it's a good step up from her Head's 85 waist (my wife pairs hers with the Black Pearl 88).

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Another vote for putting the Sheeva 10 on the list. My wife loves hers, and it's a good step up from her Head's 85 waist (my wife pairs hers with the Black Pearl 88).
This is a good quiver.
I was suggesting things in the Mid 90s because that was the direction @dovski was going.

TS
dovski

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
So right now the skis we have at our disposal for demos are as follows
Nordica Santa Ana 100
Head Wild joy
Salomon QST multiple widths
Head Kore 93
Blizzard Black Pearl 88 and 98

Feel like the Wild joy is too close to the total Joy so probably striking that along with the BP 88

This leaves us with 4 skis to try. Unfortunately no one is demoing the Sheeva or K2s

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Ironically my 11 year old daughter wants the Santa Ana 100 to compliment her Brahma SP and Head iRace. She has explained to me that she needs at least 100 underfoot for Powder. I may have created a monster but I am also kind of stoked that she is thinking about it this way

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Ironically my 11 year old daughter wants the Santa Ana 100 to compliment her Brahma SP and Head iRace. She has explained to me that she needs at least 100 underfoot for Powder. I may have created a monster but I am also kind of stoked that she is thinking about it this way

A clear sign of excellent parenting, well done @dovski

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
A clear sign of excellent parenting, well done @dovski
Started all my kids out on racing skis so they would get the fundamentals down and they now each also have a fat ski. Made sure all their skis have full sidewall and real bases you can wax. Now all three of my kids are on the verge of out skiing me and want the gear to do so. My garage is starting to look like a ski shop with skis and boots in pretty much every size from 120 to 185 and 20.5 to 25.5 respectively with doubles and triples in some sizes

959A9F1E-C8C2-4AD1-997D-2A1E075D0A8E.jpeg

Don’t worry more wall racks are already being shipped to me to accommodate my overflow and planned purchases

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
Cool I can get her a demo/try buy for the Kore 93 as well as Salomon QST 92 and 99 from the same shop. No one seems to be renting/demoing the K2 or the Blizzard :(

Lake Louise (resort) has the Rustler 10 in a 172, if that size works. It should giver her an idea of the Sheeva 10. They have the Rustler 11 (Sheeva 11) at 164, but this one has a more powder focus.

Also Wilson's in Lake Louise village carries Blizzard. I haven't been in this year, but it might be worth a call to see if they carry the Sheeva 10s.

Selkirk Skis at the base of kicking horse is out of the way, but should have some sheevas (though they have been selling off their fleet). Liz demoed the Sheeva 11s from that shop last year.

Last edited:
TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Lake Louise (resort) has the Rustler 10 in a 172, if that size works. It should giver her an idea of the Sheeva 10. They have the Rustler 11 (Sheeva 11) at 164, but this one has a more powder focus.

Also Wilson's in Lake Louise village carries Blizzard. I haven't been in this year, but it might be worth a call to see if they carry the Sheeva 10s.

Selkirk Skis at the base of kicking horse is out of the way, but should have some sheevas (though they have been selling off their fleet). Liz demoed the Sheeva 11s from that shop last year.
Yup have already lined up some demos there, and if those do not work we can also demo through ultimate sports in Banff. There was a place in Canmore that had the Sheeva but they sold off their demo fleet

James

Out There
Instructor
Santa Anna 93.
The Kore and Rustlers are going to feel very different from some others. You're either ok with it or not. Bit of a stiff/glassy feel. And not stiff in the flex wise sense. (Rustler9/Kore 93) Most noticeable when not fully in the snow. Very far from say a Stockli.
Imo the Kastle fx95hp suffered from this feel. But maybe smaller lengths of all these are completely different.
Stuff like that is not easily quantifiable but makes the difference between really liking a ski and meh.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Santa Anna 93.
The Kore and Rustlers are going to feel very different from some others. You're either ok with it or not. Bit of a stiff/glassy feel. And not stiff in the flex wise sense. (Rustler9/Kore 93) Most noticeable when not fully in the snow. Very far from say a Stockli.
Imo the Kastle fx95hp suffered from this feel. But maybe smaller lengths of all these are completely different.
Stuff like that is not easily quantifiable but makes the difference between really liking a ski and meh.
So my daughter has already set her sites on the Santa Ana 100, and that could be a great ski for her as I really like what Nordica has done with the Enforcer. She is only 11 but skis steeps and deeps, kids skis just don’t cut it for her anymore. With my wife I think the Kore 93 and Rustler May be to much ski and not sure she will be comfortable with a ski that is wider than mid 90s so will try several skis and dial in on what she loves

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
Started all my kids out on racing skis so they would get the fundamentals down and they now each also have a fat ski. Made sure all their skis have full sidewall and real bases you can wax. Now all three of my kids are on the verge of out skiing me and want the gear to do so. My garage is starting to look like a ski shop with skis and boots in pretty much every size from 120 to 185 and 20.5 to 25.5 respectively with doubles and triples in some sizes

View attachment 69477

Don’t worry more wall racks are already being shipped to me to accommodate my overflow and planned purchases
Good News, my new wall rack has arrived. Bad news is it is almost full and I will either need to sell some skis or buy another rack soon :)

new rack.jpg

FYI Amazon has a great deal on these racks. They are well made and easy to install.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M5DHPDN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
How far does they stick out from tip of the hanger to the wall? I'm currently storing all the skis between the side of the freezer and the side wall in the garage. I'd like a more elegant solution.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
How far does they stick out from tip of the hanger to the wall? I'm currently storing all the skis between the side of the freezer and the side wall in the garage. I'd like a more elegant solution.

We bought a 6pr wood Button Rack to keep the skis organized at the condo. It works great and is low profile.

He sells a plastic version & full wood.

Wood version: https://www.etsy.com/listing/476857955/6-pair32-button-ski-rack-with?ref=lp_internal-1&frs=1

Plastic version: https://www.etsy.com/listing/516842...MI9OOCi5eh4QIVllqGCh3AXAaGEAQYASABEgJxXPD_BwE

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
It is about 5-6 inches and only 24 inches wide which is great for 5 skis. Also like the price at around $50 more cost effective and better quality than the raccor racks I have been using and looks much nicer too.

TS
dovski

dovski

Skier
It is about 5-6 inches and only 24 inches wide which is great for 5 skis. Also like the price at around $50 more cost effective and better quality than the raccor racks I have been using and looks much nicer too.
forgot to mention these rails are part of a system so you can buy other attachments for them and easily expand storage too

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Feel like the Wild joy is too close to the total Joy so probably striking that along with the BP 88

^^No. The Wild Joy is very similar in width dimension to the shorter Kore 93s, which is why the Wild Joy is discontinued next season (this might help you get a better price). One of the main differences between the Wild Joy and Kore 93 is that the Kore 93 has a rockered tip and tail, the Wild Joy is tip rockered only.

Also, the Total Joy is best suited for solid intermediate to advanced skier while the Wild Joy and Kore 93 are best suited for an advanced skier.

@dovski you will find that skis are cheaper in Canada than the US and Alberta has no sales tax, just a federal tax.

I work at Elevation Ski and Bike at Sun Peaks Resort and we sell Head and Salomon. Everything is on sale including some demos so let me know if you want some comparison pricing. If you are driving from Seattle to Banff then you will likely be traveling thru Kamloops on your way home and then Sun Peaks is 45 minutes out of your way from Kamloops.

PNWRod

Getting off the lift
Skier
I decided on the 6 button and the 9 slot pole holder. Now I'm on the hunt for another pair of skis since I have a spare button to hang em on.

Sponsor